Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that Bradley made the right move by signing with Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    Bradley already set for life with that last check from his last fight.
    He just wants the easy way of making money.Example is like fighting
    casayamor.
    You think your entire family can live off 1 million dollars for the next 60 years?

Oh yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      He's about to fight one of the greatest fighters of this era in which he will get the biggest payday of his entire career AND if he wins, **** if he loses, will be making himself a household name.
      True but he could've fought Floyd if he signed with GBP. However, I do give Tim a better chance at beating Pacquiao than Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
        Khan, Maidana, Guerreo>>>>>>>>>>>Mike Jones, Mike Alvarado, Joshua Clottey
        Who says he won't face any of those guys.

TBH I think most confuse Arum and Manny's issues with GBP and think it applies to every TR fighter.

Manny is the only fighter, to my knowledge, that it actually hurts Arum/Top Rank when it comes to doing business with GBP (due to Manny's contract). However those issues are currently over, but that's another story for another day.

FWIW Arum did contact GBP about a Maidana vs Bradley fight and is trying to make a Chavez vs Alvarez bout.

Again Manny's situation (which is no longer a problem) isn't the same as other Top Rank fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Thats how I see Bradley's career going.

He'll get destroyed by Pacquiao and then become irrelevent

Arum is good at promoting fighters that have something to promote.
          Well that's your opinion and of course you're entitled to it..

But I don't think it's opinion that you obviously get a ton more exposure fighting Mayweather or Pacquiao than anybody else.

Even if he loses, if he makes it a good fight and shows heart, it can still improve his fame and draw to a degree.

Not significantly, I don't think his draw will ever be good... but he will undoubtedly get a lot more exposure fighting Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            You think your entire family can live off 1 million dollars for the next 60 years?

Oh yeah?
            I dont want no problems man.Im just here to talk boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              well no ****. and where in my post did I state otherwise?

someone asked the question who else could he fight

I answered.

and if you really want to take that route

Pacquiao>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.....>>>>>>>>Khan Maidana and Guerrero
              Not really. Khan >>>> Everybody else.

Comment

That's what we're doing.

You said he was set for life off his last paycheck.

You're not set for life with 1 million dollars... let alone your family.

Now Floyds last paycheck... definitely.

Unless of course you LIVE like Floyd does... then, probably not.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                    Yeah but he's an expert at ripping them off. How the hell do you give a promoter 25%+ of your purse? That makes no sense.
                    TBH I don't feel bad about anybody in the country who goes to work for another person and gets ripped off.

You'll never get rich working under someone.....which should be common sense.

They key is to build your name, maybe under a powerhouse company, and get out and do your own thing.

Till this day....Oscar De La Hoya, as much as some hate him, is the only one smarten up and not get pimped.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                      TBH I don't feel bad about anybody in the country who goes to work for another person and gets ripped off.

You'll never get rich working under someone.....which should be common sense.

They key is to build your name, maybe under a powerhouse company, and get out and do your own thing.

Till this day....Oscar De La Hoya, as much as some hate him, is the only one smarten up and not get pimped.
                      Every NBA, NFL, MLB player plays for someone else... about 88% of them are rich.

You can get rich working for someone else. Just depends on your position, and for what company.

Comment

Working...
                      X