No announcement yet.

Does Manny rip hooks as quick as SRR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Manny rip hooks as quick as SRR?

These two guys are built totally different, so when they throw power the mechanics are totally different, but these two guys are part of the elite group of fighters who threw punches "as fast as you could imagine."

Don't tell me SRR was bigger and his punches had a longer distance to travel

SRR would double and triple up left hooks to the head after a body combination, often leaping in after the first to maintain contact range. Although they're both combination fighters I don't think they were that similar stylistically, SRR was always thinking body->head, Pacquiao is mostly a headhunter and doesn't tend to double up power shots but rather almost always alternates hands.
    Last edited by Miburo; 11-14-2010, 02:41 AM.

Comment

true, SRR also seemed to crank his shots out of his body a little more than Pacquiao does. Pac doesn't throw necessarily arm punches, but there's a lot less force from the body behind it than SRR threw them.

Comment

I dont think so, Sugar Ray would throw multiple hooks to the head and body and it takes longer to do that with the same hand than go to the head with both hands changing.

Comment

Working...
        X