Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Christian Hammer Blasts Out David Price in Seven Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't like he was fat. When Caldwell took over he thought Price was too skinny so he wanted him to put on 30lbs. He was hoping he would absorb punches better. Well he didn't lose any speed or power but the weight didn't help his stamina. He never did have very good stamina to begin with & I guess the extra weight really tired him out. He had been working in the gym & in his last few fights he was around 278. This wasn't something that just happened. He was carrying this weight around through his last few camps. He looked pretty solid physically vs Perkovic. If a fighter can weather the early storm against Price then he has a big chance of winning. This 278 wasn't just Price not training, it was a plan set out by his team from day 1. He wasn't fat by any means but obviously he can't maintain any sort of hard pace after 4 or 5 rounds. He had never gone more than 10 rounds before. Maybe they should have got him in a few more fights at that weight against more durable opponents before stepping him up again. At that weight he had 2 bouts against trialhorse type fighters. He never had to work too hard against the previous 2 opponents because they couldn't take his power. I understand what Caldwell was trying to do with Price. Price is 33 & time was running out. He destroyed trialhorses & most C level guys so he wasn't getting the rounds & work he probably needed because most guys at that level couldn't take his punches. I'm assuming Price's promoter wanted him in a big fight sooner rather than later so Caldwell may not have had the proper time to fully rebuild Price. Hats off to Hammer for getting off the floor to win this fight. Price has so many good assets that you can't teach but he has so many flaws that can't be rectified. A true enigma. He never learned to stretch out over 10-12 rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      He got off the floor in the 5th & took Price's best punches. He was backing him up all night & never showed any fear. He was pretty aggressive & did what he could to get inside. I said a few years ago after the Kevin Johnson fight that he had improved a lot but I never figured he would be anything more than a C level journeyman. He just fought his way into a top WBO ranking with his win tonight. He beat Teper now Price. The guy has another fight scheduled in March so I wonder who he is fighting? I'd assume it would be just a stay busy now that he is in striking distance of a WBO title shot. Price was WBC #12 until pulled from ratings for not signing with clean program in time & was the IBF #8 so Hammer must move up in those rankings along with a top ranking in the WBO.
      Yeah, I'm guessing they either cancel that fight in March or give Hammer an easy opponent. No reason to risk the spot after 2 big wins. His team has done a good job building him back up since the loss to Fury, hope he gets a shot at that WBO title.

Comment

David Price's stamina let him down big time! he did not lose the fight due to being the lesser boxer, it was all down to a physical component of fitness that? throughout his career, he just has not developed!

Stamina surprisingly is one of the easiest components of fitness to train and maintain! that is why you get 80 year old people running marathons! that is why i believe that Dave Coldwell, has made a massive mistake in preparations (And he needs to take 50% of the responsibility for David Price's performance!).

I am not sure why David Price's stamina has always been really poor, it seems like his heart and lungs are too small for his body (Literally!) It would be interesting to find out whether he has some sort of underlying health condition! because it's not normal the way he folds in fights due to running out of gas. If i was his trainer, i would send him to a top medical hospital to check if his body has a underlying disability!
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-05-2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Caldwell is a moron, why on earth did he think it was a good idea for Price to put on 30 - 40 lbs

Before the fight Lennox said, he told Price "you've gotten big" and he suggested this was not a good idea

Price gassed, if he is to carry on, get a better trainer, someone who understands the importance of fitness

Comment

"what kind of trainer lets his fighter get so out of shape".........

Shape? He could be circular, square, oblong or rectangular if you can't relax and punch hard as a heavyweight you get beat.
            Even by that guy who beat him who is HORRIBLE!

These young men are club styled talents. Slow, nothing meaningful and try to pace themselves so they don't FEINT!
            Go back to being a spar partner and you have a shot at being champ at eating contests. Stop boxing before you get seriosly hurt by your promoter first and the position your heading for as a professional "opponent"! Retire young man or your going in with punchers.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Same dude that got his ears boxed off by Fury.

#levels

Comment

This title is such a click bait. I was expecting like knocked out cold or some Hopkins type ****.

He was stopped on his feet...

Bull**** ass titles just to get clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  "what kind of trainer lets his fighter get so out of shape".........

Shape? He could be circular, square, oblong or rectangular if you can't relax and punch hard as a heavyweight you get beat.
                  Even by that guy who beat him who is HORRIBLE!

These young men are club styled talents. Slow, nothing meaningful and try to pace themselves so they don't FEINT!
                  Go back to being a spar partner and you have a shot at being champ at eating contests. Stop boxing before you get seriosly hurt by your promoter first and the position your heading for as a professional "opponent"! Retire young man or your going in with punchers.

Ray
                  I don't think punching hard was Price's problem. He knocked Hammer down and would have knocked him out. He knocked Thompson down once clearly, arguably twice.

He just has no fitness and not that much technique.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

#levels

Man please! David Price sucks -- I could of filled in and KO that stiff plumber from Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

#levels

Fury literally toyed with Hammer .. played with him like a cat with a mouse and broke him down effortlessly.

It's crazy to think that, not too long ago, Fury and Price were on collision course, and Price would have been a hot favourite to win, if they'd fought each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X