Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irleland produce the best combat sports athletes per capita?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irleland produce the best combat sports athletes per capita?

Per capita? A population of 4 million has mcgregor, Frampton, Fury, and saunders all as champions.

Most recently, Frampton moved up in weight to snatch a title and mcgregor is the second man in UFC history is doing the same at 170.

kinda insane

Ireland* typo

Comment

no because fury, frampton, and saunders don't count towards their 4.5 million population since frampton is from northern ireland not ireland and fury and saunders are from england.

Comment

Wow! I had no idea Hertfordshire & Manchester were in Ireland.

3 of those fighters represent the United Kingdom.

LOL Dense or what..

If you are arguing heritage then Frampton is an English name, Saunders an English/Scottish name & Fury of French/Norman origin. Not really Irish at all hahahahaha

By the way. Ireland is a land mass of TWO separate countries. Just like GB is 3.

Comment

Welp... that settles that

Comment

historically speaking, i think wales may be even better than ireland per capita

edit: and puerto rico, of course

Comment

Irelands achievements in the combat sports at the olympics has blown me away.

Comment

That is a lot of important champions for a country of only 4 million people. The Irish have always been known as fighters and they are very good at fighting.

Comment

I live in the USA so I don't know anything about who is Irish and who isn't Irish. Don't Fury, Frampton, Saunders and McGregor all claim to be Irish? They should know if they are Irish or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X