Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Your Opinion, How Many Losses Do Each of These Fighters Really Have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading this thread yesterday, I decided to watch Chavez-Whitaker again. I scored each round two ways: One scorecard was who I thought won the rounds, and on the other one I gave every close round to Chavez.

I scored it 9-2-1 for Pernell.

Giving every close round to Chavez, I scored it 8-4 for Whitaker.

That fight is probably one of the biggest examples of the need to differentiate between "aggression" and "effective aggression".

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      After reading this thread yesterday, I decided to watch Chavez-Whitaker again. I scored each round two ways: One scorecard was who I thought won the rounds, and on the other one I gave every close round to Chavez.

I scored it 9-2-1 for Pernell.

Giving every close round to Chavez, I scored it 8-4 for Whitaker.

That fight is probably one of the biggest examples of the need to differentiate between "aggression" and "effective aggression".
      Yeah I don't remember my exact round by round but I had it 8-4 I believe when giving all of the toss up rounds to Chavez.

Comment

People don't think Marquez beat Norwood cleanly(even discounting about three points he was robbed of)?

Really?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          James Toney - 4 Losses (McCallum 2, Jones Jr, Samuel Peter 2 and Lebedev)

Felt he beat Griffin X2, Thadzi, and Sam Peter in the first fight

Pernell Whitaker - 2 losses (last 2 fights of his career)

Felt he beat De La Hoya, Ramirez and Chavez

Sugar Ray Leonard - Need to revisit but thought he lost Hearns 2

Julio Cesar Chavez - Need to revisit but thought he lost to Whitaker

Bernard Hopkins - 4 losses (1st fight of his career (benefit of the doubt), Jones, Calzaghe, Dawson)

Oscar De La Hoya - 7 Losses (Whitaker, Quartey, Mosley 1, Mayweather, Sturm, Hopkins, Pacquiao)

Juan Manuel Marquez - Need to watch more but felt he won 2/3 of the Pacquiao fights

Felix Trinidad - 4 loses (Jones, De La Hoya, Hopkins, Wright)

Manny Pacquiao - 5 losses (2 early ones, Morales, Marquez X 2)

Shane Mosley - 8 losses (Forrest X 2, Wright X 2, De La Hoya, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo)
          You do seem pretty knowledgeable. However, from my recollection I thought Hopkins defeated Wright pretty convincingly. Also, I'm sure most people agree that Hearns defeated Leonard the 2nd time. What a great fight it was!

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
            You do seem pretty knowledgeable. However, from my recollection I thought Hopkins defeated Wright pretty convincingly. Also, I'm sure most people agree that Hearns defeated Leonard the 2nd time. What a great fight it was!
            lol...Nah I'd consider my boxing knowledge "average to above average" especially compared to most of the people in this section.

But I must confess that I haven't revisited Hopkins vs. Wright in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby
              Show your reasoning for Whitaker not being DQ'd or quit talking about him in this section.

This isn't NSB, we back up what we post or we don't post it. Now you can put up or you can take your ridiculous talk to NSB. Its your choice bro.
              DQ'd for WHAT? I've never heard anybody (including Team Chavez) make that ridiculous claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                DQ'd for WHAT? I've never heard anybody (including Team Chavez) make that ridiculous claim.
                Don't bother Scott. His trolling about Whitaker in this section is done so even if he answers its getting deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                  People don't think Marquez beat Norwood cleanly(even discounting about three points he was robbed of)?

Really?

What was your score for that fight? I don't need a round by round.

Comment

Working...
                  X