No announcement yet.

Anybody suprised by Englands rubbish performances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
    Pretty poor show that 2 times now in major competitions pirlo has been the stand out and difference between Italy and England.. yet the ricans sorted him good and proper..

What was Roy and the management with far more resources playing at?

I do think he is a little unlucky that this defence is the worse in decades.. both uruguay goals and the ballotelli goal were gifts..

But if that's the case.. give them more protection
    defence wasn't there but it's clear England wanted to push the action, keep it as aggressive as possible with Stirling, Sturridge, Welbeck and Rooney but this all happened at the expense of defence.

Costa Rica had the perfect game plan but let's be serious here, they've outsmarted a complacent group, nobody expected them to do this, they won't get much further than the last 16.

I agree, the second Suarez goal just had nothing in it except a terrible header from Gerrard.

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
      Pretty poor show that 2 times now in major competitions pirlo has been the stand out and difference between Italy and England.. yet the ricans sorted him good and proper..

What was Roy and the management with far more resources playing at?

I do think he is a little unlucky that this defence is the worse in decades.. both uruguay goals and the ballotelli goal were gifts..

But if that's the case.. give them more protection
      Exactly! Which is why i thought Barry had to go.Waddlein the article posted above says that England have a problem where they always try and cram in the best 11 players without picking the best and most balanced team. Anyone with half a brain could see we needed a defensive midfielder

Comment

No one is surprised and pretty much everyone agreed beforehand that they expected nothing from England in this tournament. So I don't really understand the big deal being made about us going out.

I mean I didn't expect us finish below Costa Rica, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          defence wasn't there but it's clear England wanted to push the action, keep it as aggressive as possible with Stirling, Sturridge, Welbeck and Rooney but this all happened at the expense of defence.

Costa Rica had the perfect game plan but let's be serious here, they've outsmarted a complacent group, nobody expected them to do this, they won't get much further than the last 16.

I agree, the second Suarez goal just had nothing in it except a terrible header from Gerrard.
          It was a poor header but the defending was abysmal.

I used to play as a sweeper centre back, as soon as the ball gets hoofed down the pitch, you have to anticipate its getting flicked on, and you drop deeper to cover.

I know that, and I ****ing suck at football. Cahill and Jagielka get paid loads of money to do this.

Thats what frustrates about England as well. We are crap, we know this, but still we even performed worse than expected. basic mistakes on the pitch, tactical errors, poor team selection etc etc. Uruguay and Italy didnt even have to play that well to get the win over us

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Top 5? lmao! By who?

You could see this about Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Holland, Spain, Mexico, Croatia & so on. Just about any team can beat any other if one is in form and the other isn't but it shouldn't come down to that. The fact is Portugal can't hang with the big boys 9 times out of 10.

Apart from a good year in the 2012 Euro's which Ronaldo carried them in they have done naff all for years. All their goals was Ronaldo and him assisting. Without him they are nothing at all. When he has a poor game they all play pathetic. To say Portugal's top goalscorer of all time is not a difference maker is crazy talk. Without Ronaldo they ain't ****!
            they are ranked 4th in the world currently you bozo. and before ronaldo there was figo and a bunch of other guys. they have a good squad, theyd be good with or without ronaldo. where was your all time scorer vs germany? if they play well of course hes gonna be effective, if they dont play well he sucks. that applies to every player when a team plays well. his stats dont mean ****, the system is geared towards helping him score. if they tried to force some other striker to score goals they could easily do that. hes not gonna be as effective but stop acting like portugal couldnt win a game without ronaldo. hes like klose was for germany a few years ago, everything is schemed towards getting him to score goals. theyd still score a bunch of goals if they used a different striker. catch up..

Comment

England's failure didn't surprise me one bit!

Anyone who was expecting a successful world cup need a good shake.

We were never destined to get out of that group and i'm happy my prediction came true.

My brother was telling me how i was being pessimistic when the tournament started,i said when you have seen the players England have had over the last 18 years and still flopped at tournaments,don't think they're gonna do anything in this one.

We never fail to fail.It's in the British mentality,and i'm a Brit.

The likes of Rooney and Gerrard make me sick,as elder squad members who have played in world cups etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                they are ranked 4th in the world currently you bozo. and before ronaldo there was figo and a bunch of other guys. they have a good squad, theyd be good with or without ronaldo. where was your all time scorer vs germany? if they play well of course hes gonna be effective, if they dont play well he sucks. that applies to every player when a team plays well. his stats dont mean ****, the system is geared towards helping him score. if they tried to force some other striker to score goals they could easily do that. hes not gonna be as effective but stop acting like portugal couldnt win a game without ronaldo. hes like klose was for germany a few years ago, everything is schemed towards getting him to score goals. theyd still score a bunch of goals if they used a different striker. catch up..
                Being ranked fourth by fifa means nothing really.

Portugal are not very good outside of Ronaldo (whos injured this WC), Pepe and Contrao (sp?)

Comment

of course not, they're bad at most all sports. nothing else but failure was expected from your brothers across the pond, guys

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Being ranked fourth by fifa means nothing really.

Portugal are not very good outside of Ronaldo (whos injured this WC), Pepe and Contrao (sp?)
                    have you even checked their roster? they have ronaldo, moutinho, pepe, nani, coentrao, patricio, veloso, meireles, carvalho, eder. they have a bunch of star players. portugal is a top 5 team. theres only like 3 teams that are better by most peoples opinion i guess. like germany, spain, italy maybe, maybe netherlands even. the rest of the "top teams" are either equal or worse. you act like theyre not even top 20. whether you have them ranked at 4 or 7 doesnt matter, they're up there somewhere. with or without ronaldo. nobody said they're the team to beat

Comment

Portugal are on par with England, without Ronaldo.

They're entering a transitional phase like we are, youngsters coming in and the old guard going out. I think we'll do well in the Euros, keep Hodgson and experiment.

I want to see a different team every friendly and we should be having those more frequently.

Comment

Working...
                      X