Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Zarate vs Lupe Pintor- Good fight with the WBC bantamweight title on the line between former stablemates from Mexico City. In the 4th Zarate drops Pintor and staggers him in the 5th. In the 10th Pintor staggers Zarate with a left hook. Pintor has good success with the left in the 11th. In the 12th Carlos lands a good left hook and opens a small cut on Pintor's eye. He lands more good shots in the 14th. I thought Zarate did enough to win this one but Pintor won the fight by SD.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightHistorian View Post
      Carlos Zarate vs Lupe Pintor- Good fight with the WBC bantamweight title on the line between former stablemates from Mexico City. In the 4th Zarate drops Pintor and staggers him in the 5th. In the 10th Pintor staggers Zarate with a left hook. Pintor has good success with the left in the 11th. In the 12th Carlos lands a good left hook and opens a small cut on Pintor's eye. He lands more good shots in the 14th. I thought Zarate did enough to win this one but Pintor won the fight by SD.
      Almost everyone was shocked by this decision. Most cards had Zarate winning by several points. Zarate was so disgusted that he didn't fight again until many years later, when he was far past his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Almost everyone was shocked by this decision. Most cards had Zarate winning by several points. Zarate was so disgusted that he didn't fight again until many years later, when he was far past his prime.
        Usually before I watch a classic fight that I've never seen before I check the results on boxrec. So going into this fight I thought it would show Pintor winning a decisive battle. Around the 10th round when Pintor landed that left hook I thought for sure that he'd sweep the rest of the fight because I had Zarate up by a good margin but that wasn't the case. Zarate still managed to land good shots in the 12th and really dominated the 14th as far as I could see. He even fought good in the last round. So yeah this was a bad decision.
        Last edited by Sheppirino; 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Willie Wise against Julio Cesar Chavez. Sad to see the great Chavez get old.

Comment

• George Benton vs. Rubin "Hurricane" Carter

Comment

• Emile Griffith-Andy Hellman. Good fight but Griffith should have boxed more.

Comment

• Salvador Sanchez vs Wilfredo Gomez-I alway wondered how it would have went down if Gomez didn't suffer a broken cheek bone in the early going. I think Sanchez still would have won but it would have been a better fight.

Comment

• Wilfredo Gomez vs. Carlos Zarate- The first 3 rounds were good rounds for both fighters with Gomez having the edge IMO. In the 4th Gomez drops Zarate with a left hook and drops him again after the bell causing the ref not to count. In the 5th Gomez staggers Zarate to the ropes. To me it looks like Zarate slips to the canvas and Gomez hits him while he is down but not even a second later Carlos's corner throws in the towel. You could tell this fight happened in P.R. because the crowd was ballistic when Gomez knocked Zarate down and went even more crazy when Gomez won.

Comment

• funny gifs

Comment

• Frankie Swindell vs Ross Puritty. Always interesting when two journey meet in the ring after fighting everybody else.

Comment

Working...
                      X