Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else notice Shane's pencil thin legs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etlux View Post
    truth is, different people get their power from different places. believe it or not there's not a one end all be all way to generate power with the human body. There are some people that generate huge power from arm punches and require very little thrust from their legs. Other people have tiny upper bodies yet generate huge power all through their legs, and some of history's biggest hitters have a combination of both like tyson who had trunks for legs but also gigantic upper body.
    Mosley has small legs sure but he has a huge upper body that generates power on its own, huge abs for torquing the body into a punch, huge arms and back and shoulders for delivering that punch, he doesn't need much of his legs for it.

Plus you have to remember muscle mass has different densities. It isn't all about just volume alone, that has no bearing whatsoever.

Case in point, my girlfriend has bigger legs than me yet she can squat 70lbs at the most and I can squat 350lbs. Why is that? Because my muscle is far more dense and shredded.

I used to work out at a gym with a top track and field/sprinter too. He had massive legs compared to mine and huge calves that were at least twice as thick as mine (I have genetically small calves) yet he could only squat maybe 200-250lbs at most and I was putting down 350 and leg pressing 600-700+ while he could only do 450-500.
    So genetically speaking it's about density not volume, that's what matters most.
    Good post have some green

Comment

Sometimes it is depends on the structure of the body but at the same time if you have heavy upper body and thin legs then it can make huge problem for you at the old age. So according to me the great beauty also have to make good structure.

Comment

Originally posted by akonpittbull View Post
        Sometimes it is depends on the structure of the body but at the same time if you have heavy upper body and thin legs then it can make huge problem for you at the old age. So according to me the great beauty also have to make good structure.
        :laugh:

bumped after 2 months for this, your "first" post?

Comment

Looks like that cat flexxx145 knew what he was talking about. He was the only one that said Shane's little pencil legs wouldn't hold up and it looks like he was right. Shane was immobile as a statue that fight.

Comment

Very ordinary post. I wouldn't go penciling in too many wins if i were you, particularly against genuine contenders.

Comment

vernon forrest had the legs of a six year old girl.

Comment

haha again you guys acting like you know better then pro boxers.. D the thicker the legs the more they weigh which might be a disadvantage cuz then you have a thinner upper body. just saying hatton didnt look too good vs mayweather who btw also has skinny legs

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                  Looks like that cat flexxx145 knew what he was talking about. He was the only one that said Shane's little pencil legs wouldn't hold up and it looks like he was right. Shane was immobile as a statue that fight.
                  Hahahaha. No, He just looked like that because he was fighting Floyd Mayweather. It's a real credit to Floyd that he makes his opponents look so bad because he is so good.

Comment

Working...
                  X