No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's Clinching "Skills" Revealed *GIFS*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
    Yeah and Ward has fought a whole 31 times already by age 33!

Duran had over 80 fights by the time he was 33. And much, much better victories.
    Still....he quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
      This is probably the best thread I have seen posted in a long time on this site.

Extensive analysis backed up by visual evidence demonstrating an unbiased view of what we all know of Ward's true fight tactics.

Green K is coming your way for not only shining a light on this topic but breaking it down in such a way that it is indefensible. This thread deserves to be shared across the entire net for everyone to see.

Keep up the great work

thank you good sire.

i'm a fan of boxing. however hopkins, then floyd ushered in the illegal tactics era where you are praised for being skillful boxer for using illegal tactics. "slick" as some would say. clinching, holding and hitting became inside boxing, not actual inside fighting that did damage ala duran or jcc. it don't count unless your opponent looks completely unscathed.

Then Andre Son of Genital Ward came along and took it to a whole new level.

P4P skills they said. HOFer they said. same people who denounced John Ruiz even though he has a victory over the ATG Holyfield. If you count Ruiz's draw and win over Holyfield then John Ruiz > Ward.

it's a complete joke.
      Last edited by HeadShots; 05-31-2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
        lol fair nuff.

Kessler also said this:

“Ward just doesn’t want to fight. Sometimes you should make rules against clinching. When I fought him in 2009 he clinched me 88 times. When we watched it on tape we actually counted. I tried to push him away but he’s clever at what he does. He’s a world champion of that. But I think he’s actually scared. He throws fast punches, light punches, and then holds you. It’s so boring. That’s why he has no fans. He’s not a big name and he likes to stay at home.

“Showtime had to do everything to help him because there were no other Americans who could win the Super Six [the super-middleweight series which Ward won after defeating Froch in the final in December 2011]. The ref was not on my side. When I got the cut they took me to the doc and he said: ‘We’re going to stop the fight.’ The cut was clear of my eyes but they still stopped it. I had just started to attack him and I got him in the corner but they got scared and called in the doctor.”

In other words, everything was set up for an American to win this tournament if at all possible, according to Kessler.

Pretty fair assessment imo. a world champion clincher
        I agree with this one hundred percent. He does cheat out of fear. He doesn't believe he can beat these guys without cheating. He didn't even show up for the Kovalev rematch presser. He doesn't think he can actually beat the man and with good reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          Oh I believe it. That really soured the whole tournament. Ward is the fakest fighter out there. It's truly pathetic and a disgrace to the sport.

there's a reason he can only fight in the USA with crooked refs.

take away his illegal tactics, are we even sure he's world level? His offense is absolutely atrocious. 1 handed and pillow-fisted.

i can't even envision him boxing without illegal tactics, they are so integral to his style.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            there's a reason he can only fight in the USA with crooked refs.

take away his illegal tactics, are we even sure he's world level? His offense is absolutely atrocious. 1 handed and pillow-fisted.

i can't even envision him boxing without illegal tactics, they are so integral to his style.
            No. He definitely can't get by without cheating. He falls under the "slick" category which basically means you have to drop him multiple times or stop him. He'll get the benefit of the doubt on any close round, despite losing them handily or just neutralizing the whole fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              Still....he quit.
              Still.... you have never put gloves on in your life

Comment

• Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                Still.... you have never put gloves on in your life
                As if you have....

Comment

• In the united states holding isnt illegal. Until they actually make it REALLY illegal. Id do it.
                  Go to Mexico and see how many boxer hold. There it's REALLY ILLEGAL.
                  Kovalev was doing the same thing too. So who really cares.
                  Its going to be an entertaining fight both men holding.

Comment

• Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                    In the united states holding isnt illegal. Until they actually make it REALLY illegal. Id do it.
                    Go to Mexico and see how many boxer hold. There it's REALLY ILLEGAL.
                    Kovalev was doing the same thing too. So who really cares.
                    Its going to be an entertaining fight both men holding.
                    it's illegal under the queensbury boxing rules. written. not opinion.

it was enforced in the Hatton/Mayweather fight. go watch it.

learn something about boxing, then come back.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                      Here is the more traditional right straight into hug ala Floyd/Popkins. He speaks that language too.

That is the most accurate right hand in boxing I reckon.
                      ... he pretended to "throw" a right!... All he wanted was to clinch, in the first place...

Comment

Working...
                      X