No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adams Wants To Emulate Ronda Rousey For Women's Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adams Wants To Emulate Ronda Rousey For Women's Boxing

Olympic double medal winner Nicola Adams is hoping to emulate UFC sensation Ronda Rousey by putting women's boxing firmly on the map. The Leeds flyweight, who makes her professional debut on April 8th on a stacked card at the Manchester Arena, is looking to follow in the footsteps of Rousey who helped popularise women's fighting in the UFC and became a huge crossover star as a result.
    [Click Here To Read More]

i'm not being funny but her skill level is way way behind the good male professionals out there. it's really arrogant therefore expecting the same rewards.
    ok he's not pro but as a good comparison point look at highlights of Robeisy Ramirez from the same Olympics as Adams. the difference in level of opponents is massive and the skills difference is just silly.
    the ladies need to step it up a lot if they want to be considered on par with the guys.
    in terms of strength and power, sure that's impossible to match at that top level and i wouldn't expect them to be able to, but skills and boxing brain are potentially open to all, i just don't see even the very best ladies showing very much of either yet.

Comment

Irelands Katie Taylor is the best new womens boxing star she has got it all.

Comment

It would be tough to emulate Ronda Rousey as boxing doesn't allow getting kicked in the head.

Comment

Katie Taylor is a great prospect heading for stardom but the best addition to the pro ranks is Claressa Shields, the double Olympic middleweight gold medallist, who recently became the first woman to headline a boxing card.

Comment

Shields is the best prospect by far because in addition to all her amateur accomplishments she is only 21; Taylor is 30 and Adams 34.

Comment

so she wants to get ktfo??

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                so she wants to get ktfo??
                Lol you beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Honeybuns View Post
                  Katie Taylor is a great prospect heading for stardom but the best addition to the pro ranks is Claressa Shields, the double Olympic middleweight gold medallist, who recently became the first woman to headline a boxing card.
                  Doubt it

Adams is starting pro at a great time for UK boxing.

American boxing isn't doing very well

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                    i'm not being funny but her skill level is way way behind the good male professionals out there.
                    Just like Jeff Mayweather, who she bears a scary resemblance to.

Comment

Working...
                    X