Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Wilder gonna forced to fight someone good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Yes my mistake misread his comment

Still not as harsh on Wilder as I and fight fans in general SHOULD BE though. I just don't want to see people make excuse for him! Because if he has fans who make excuses for him and is willing to accept him taking on Inferior opponents then guess what? He will continue to do it!

Gave him a pass vs Molina after he beat Stiverne, nothing wrong with going back home and trying to build up your fanbase in your backyard after becoming World Champion but after Molina he should've stepped up again but no he took a even BIGGER Step back and fought Duhepaus (whatever).

Just want to see the best fight the best, PERIOD with no excuses attached to it!
    He has fans but not enough that he should be fat, dumb and happy about his situation. I think he gets that, and I think he wants to make real heavyweight money which will require him to take on the top guys.

Wilder has a lot to prove but he has time to prove it meaningless February fight aside that leaves him the rest of the year to make a statement with two fights and beyond that if things go well. I have never been in a rush with Wilder though he is about as good as he will ever be so now is his time.

Comment

The fanboys who say that just want to see him lose that's all. It is no different when Mayweather was fighting when Larry merchant would often say the same thing every time Floyd would win. He'd say "When is he going to fight someone good because we would like to see him in competitive fights". The bottom line is, Deontay Wilder like his predecessor Floyd Mayweather, Jr; Will never be able to satisfy or please his detractors/haters no matter how hard he tries as long as he keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        Not really similar situations. Golovkin has had endless big title fights lined up in his own division (Sturm, Martinez, Cotto, Canelo, Quillin, etc) and each time was pretty blatantly ducked ("Let it marinate, unecessary risk", etc). Ironically this is where most of his fame/reputation comes from and what made him so big.

The ostarine test isn't Wilder's fault but before that he was choosing to opt for basically the lamest competition available in a division full of guys who wanted and still want to fight him.

Note that I'm not saying Golovkin's record is amazing (people tend to read Golovkin-related posts however they want to read them), but if you followed his rise to fame you'd understand his duck-chasing steak was a bigger deal than his actual fights.
        If golovkin has been offered 15 mill and has turned it down he's pricing himself out and avoiding his biggest fight why?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          The fanboys who say that just want to see him lose that's all. It is no different when Mayweather was fighting when Larry merchant would often say the same thing every time Floyd would win. He'd say "When is he going to fight someone good because we would like to see him in competitive fights". The bottom line is, Deontay Wilder like his predecessor Floyd Mayweather, Jr; Will never be able to satisfy or please his detractors/haters no matter how hard he tries as long as he keeps winning.
          Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
            Jesus Christ.
            Did I say something wrong? Tell me who is out there for him to fight that he is not fighting. In other words, what fighters are he ducking? He has a mandatory defense against the Stiverne/ Whyte elimination title bout since Povetkin pulled out of his fight with him after being caught cheating. In addition, I'm pretty sure we will see him fight the winner of the Anthony Joshua/Wladimir Klitschko bout later in the Fall of 2017. However, even if he does decide to fight them and especially defeat them he is still going to have more than his share of critics and detractors and that's a given fact.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
              If golovkin has been offered 15 mill and has turned it down he's pricing himself out and avoiding his biggest fight why?
              Since when GGG has been offered 15 millions? As I remember he was mandatory chalenger for Canelo's 160 Tittles, but Ducknelo dropped tittles then went back to 154...

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
                Since when GGG has been offered 15 millions? As I remember he was mandatory chalenger for Canelo's 160 Tittles, but Ducknelo dropped tittles then went back to 154...
                It's been revealed he was offered 15 mill but wants a percentage

Comment

Did I say something wrong?
                  Comparing Wilder to Mayweather? No, nothing wrong with that at all. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                    Comparing Wilder to Mayweather? No, nothing wrong with that at all. Carry on.

Then how about Golovkin? When is he going to fight someone good?

Comment

Then how about Golovkin? When is he going to fight someone good?
                      I don't care. I'm not a Golovkin fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X