No announcement yet.

boxers you used to hate ? but now admire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
    Floyd when i wasn't a big fan of the sport. Hopkins i've come to appreciate. And after watching the thrilla in Manilla documentary I had a strong disliking for Ali.

Malinaggi has won me over.

In contrast i really liked Leonard and quickly went off him and the same with Haye when i was a casual boxing fan.

I also talk very highly of Wlad's skills, his recent opponents.....not so much.
    Yeah, Paulie is a good shout. It's his fault for embracing the worst of guido culture, but he definitely has character.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
      Yeah, Paulie is a good shout. It's his fault for embracing the worst of guido culture, but he definitely has character.
      Forgot about Paulie M. I couldnt stand his embracing of the guido club culture but after seeing his massive heart in several fights, and listening to some of his commentaries, he has definitely won me over.

Comment

Marlon Starling. Dunno why, I just didn't like him before but then he battered my fellow South East Londoner and hero, Lloyd Honeyghan, and I was devastated.

But he was a very good boxer who didn't have 'muscle' behind him & earned everything he got. Plus he beat that gobby **** Floyd Mayweather so he can't be all bad

Comment

your all correct hate is a strong word i dont hate any boxer , dislike is better and i really disliked lennox lewis i agree he had a wannabe attitude i still dont really think much of him, getting knocked out by 2 journyman confirms his status for me.

Comment

although ......with floyd mayweather hate is maybe true i cant stand his whole image and attitude.

Comment

I was a Frazier fan so I did not appreciate the way Ali treated him but became a fan of both.

Comment

Ray Leonard. I disliked him so much that I lost objectivity about his skills. Now when I watch him I'm in awe.

Comment

Lenox Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
                    your all correct hate is a strong word i dont hate any boxer , dislike is better and i really disliked lennox lewis i agree he had a wannabe attitude i still dont really think much of him, getting knocked out by 2 journyman confirms his status for me.
                    But stopping each one in return shows class.

I agree that he had a ****ty attitude at times & he paid for it TWICE but also made up for it TWICE.

Comment

Mayweather lol

Comment

Working...
                      X