Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We Divided By Skin Color or By Culture?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We Divided By Skin Color or By Culture?

Are people racist because they don't like someones skin color or is it because of that persons culture?

I suppose they could go hand in hand, meaning people of certain skin colors define their own culture, but deep down do we dislike others because of their skin or because of the differences in their behaviors when compared to our own.

I think in general more people dislike different &/or favor similar people to themselves.

If you throw 50 athletes in a room and 50 obese people in the same room I suspect you'll find more athletes talking to athletes and more obese guys talking to obese guys.

I think you'd get similar results among many easily identifiable characteristics.

Comment

Genetics and culture may not be the same thing on an individual level (ie the white guy who grew up in the hood) but on a population level they might as well be.

The innate traits of the genetic group determine their interaction with their environment thus the culture. Individuals test the limits of that culture, but the culture itself is ultimately an expression of population biology.

Ancestry, lineage, pedigree; they all encompass both. I do think genetics is the strongest division because it ultimately governs all others and it's the most permanent.

Everyone knows "America" will one day, perhaps in the not so distant future, cease to exist like any other country, but there is the potential for their bloodline to prosper forever if they play their cards right and 'survive' melting pots.
      Last edited by ////; 09-25-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Both.

Racism is never going to end. People just cry about it because they want something out of it. They have racism in their blood so they wait for someone else to **** up to justify their racism.

I've been a victim of racism and police injustice but I'm not going to blame all people of that race or all cops. That is what is happening right now, one dude fucks up and all get the blame.

Comment

People dislike people, it's what they do.. it doesn't matter what their skin color or culture is.. The reason for dislike can be any of them like envy, attitude, habits, actions..
          It happens in every country...

Comment

i'll have to go with culture.

Comment

Black have an inferior culture

Comment

culture

because a white man can protest about deporting illegals but wouldnt have a problem if a mexican is standing next to him protesting the same thing.

Comment

Culture more than anything

There is a group of people that respect society and have self accountability, pay their taxes, have family structure, pay attention in school, criminal behavior is not condoned.

Then there is a group of people that hate cops, can't do good in school, leech off taxpayers, think that criminal behavior is acceptable, and have ZERO SELF ACCOUNTABILITY

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    Genetics and culture may not be the same thing on an individual level (ie the white guy who grew up in the hood) but on a population level they might as well be.

The innate traits of the genetic group determine their interaction with their environment thus the culture. Individuals test the limits of that culture, but the culture itself is ultimately an expression of population biology.

Ancestry, lineage, pedigree; they all encompass both. I do think genetics is the strongest division because it ultimately governs all others and it's the most permanent.

Everyone knows "America" will one day, perhaps in the not so distant future, cease to exist like any other country, but there is the potential for their bloodline to prosper forever if they play their cards right and 'survive' melting pots.
                    Not a surprise that you are a believer in Eugenic like thought man

Comment

Working...
                    X