No announcement yet.

Sega Dreamcast is a gem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    Sega's downfall for sure was making way too many game consoles in a short time.
    Anyone who grew up in that era would know that.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Not really bc a products success is more reliant on a brand name not company . Sega had a strong following with Genesis on its own and was leading Nintendo before it came out with Sega CD / 32 X / Saturn,really 3 different systems that confused consumers . This was there down fall bc they couldn't keep quality up with one system,i know i grew up in this era .

. The Playstations success is directly on the name Playstation name which they were smart not to change it since it was introduced as was XBOX both imbeded in any gamers head when it comes to video games .. Had Sega been patient and made a 32 bit Genesis , im sure they would still be in the console wars,at least in some form.
      I agree 100%. They were coming out with a system every other month. It was nuts because if you spent money on one, then the next one would come out and your system you just bought was obsolete since they weren't compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Not really bc a products success is more reliant on a brand name not company . Sega had a strong following with Genesis on its own and was leading Nintendo before it came out with Sega CD / 32 X / Saturn,really 3 different systems that confused consumers . This was there down fall bc they couldn't keep quality up with one system,i know i grew up in this era .

. The Playstations success is directly on the name Playstation name which they were smart not to change it since it was introduced as was XBOX both imbeded in any gamers head when it comes to video games .. Had Sega been patient and made a 32 bit Genesis , im sure they would still be in the console wars,at least in some form.
        I grew up in the era also. The Genisis was called Megadrive in the UK so i don't think the name was as important as the software and games they produced.

After the Megadrive/Genisis they had crappy software, poor strategy, poor timing and pissed a lot of game developers off that went elsewhere or refused to develop for SEGA.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
          wasnt the dreamcast apart of the n64, ps1 gen

nope, remember?

dreamcast was the first of the ps2/xbox 1 gen

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            I grew up in the era also. The Genisis was called Megadrive in the UK so i don't think the name was as important as the software and games they produced.

After the Megadrive/Genisis they had crappy software, poor strategy, poor timing and pissed a lot of game developers off that went elsewhere or refused to develop for SEGA.
            saturn was supposed to be hard to program for, had dual cpus and they added 3d acceleration capabilities last minute when they found out ps1 had them, originally was going to be a mostly 2d console competing against what was out at the time which was jaguar and 3do.

ps1 was very easy to program for, so developers liked it more. business wise sega did a lot of dumb things like release the 32x just after saturn and pushed internet gaming on saturn which was way ahead of its time and not ready.

dreamcast was a really good console and was sharper and had better anti aliasing than ps2 but it was too late by then.

Comment

I also play many games on Dreamcast game console:
              The House of the Dead 2.
              Virtua Tennis 2.
              Resident Evil 2.
              Crazy Taxi 2.
              Sonic Adventure 2.

Comment

always wanted that system but never got it as a kid

Comment

Originally posted by Ice_Man View Post
                  always wanted that system but never got it as a kid
                  You can get it now real cheap on Ebay, plenty of games too.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    You can get it now real cheap on Ebay, plenty of games too.
                    I have emulators but I want the real controls so I think Im going to check ebay!

Comment

My parents found one of mine and my brothers old consoles up in the loft not so long back. A Panansonic 3DO.

I remember it being not too bad back in the day, but they stopped making games for it because it wasn't too popular i seem to remember.

Ended up getting a PS One a few years later.

Comment

Working...
                      X