No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #11 - Shawn Porter vs Andre Berto, April 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSB Pick 'em #11 - Shawn Porter vs Andre Berto, April 22

You only need to post in this thread to indicate 2X or 3X and/or to pick a draw. EG.
    BrometheusBob.,2X
    If you are using no multiplier (1X), and not picking a draw, just voting in the poll puts you in. I will assume you want 1X unless you post otherwise.

NOTES:
    IMPORTANT: Bonus multipliers will now be based on the betting odds. Here Porter is 5/1, so picks for Berto will be multiplied 1.50X. More details about changes to bonus multipliers to come in the master thread.

-CLOSE = 116-112 on all three scorecards or closer
    WIDE = Wider than 116-112 on all three scorecards

-PM me before the fight starts with a different pick in order to change your pick.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 3 doubles and 2 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me BostonGuy
    Shawn Porter by Close Decision
    22.22%
    Shawn Porter by Wide Decision
    34.19%
    Shawn Porter by KO 1-4
    0.00%
    Shawn Porter by KO 5-8
    12.82%
    Shawn Porter by KO 9-12
    21.37%
    Andre Berto by Close Decision
    5.13%
    Andre Berto by Wide Decision
    0.85%
    Andre Berto by KO 1-4
    0.85%
    Andre Berto by KO 5-8
    2.56%
    Andre Berto by KO 9-12
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 04-10-2017, 09:41 PM.

This will be a fun one. Leaning toward Shawn, obviously. But, Shawn leans in and Berto has that uppercut...

Comment

Eff Panda, 2x

Comment

50-50 so far

Comment

I have Shawn Porter knocking Berto out. I remember Robert Guerrero dropping Berto twice and beating him up and made him look like a black Chinese guy at the end of the fight. Lol, Guerrero gave Berto that Cyclops from the X-men look.

You guys remember when Berto got knocked out by Jesus Soto-Karass, Lol.

Porter's style is all wrong for Berto, especially at this stage with him being shot.

Quick analogy, I wonder what people would have said if it were Cotto-Berto instead of the proposed Cotto-Kamegai.

But two common opponents, Robert Guerrero and Jesus Soto-Karass, Kamegai fought them better than Berto did. Guerrero closed Berto's face, Kamegai had Guerrero's face all swollen. Soto-Karass knocked Berto out, Kamegai knocked out Soto-Karass. Just an analogy I wanted to point out.
          Last edited by The Time; 04-11-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
            I have Shawn Porter knocking Berto out. I remember Robert Guerrero dropping Berto twice and beating him up and made him look like a black Chinese guy at the end of the fight. Lol, Guerrero gave Berto that Cyclops from the X-men look.

You guys remember when Berto got knocked out by Jesus Soto-Karass, Lol.

Porter's style is all wrong for Berto, especially at this stage with him being shot.

Quick analogy, I wonder what people would have said if it were Cotto-Berto instead of the proposed Cotto-Kamegai.

But two common opponents, Robert Guerrero and Jesus Soto-Karass, Kamegai fought them better than Berto did. Guerrero closed Berto's face, Kamegai had Guerrero's face all swollen. Soto-Karass knocked Berto out, Kamegai knocked out Soto-Karass. Just an analogy I wanted to point out.
            Fair enough, Berto has lost to worse, I really don't see why some see this as a 50 - 50 fight, and this is from a rare Berto fan. I know how good he is, and Porter might take him out.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
              Fair enough, Berto has lost to worse, I really don't see why some see this as a 50 - 50 fight, and this is from a rare Berto fan. I know how good he is, and Porter might take him out.

I'm surprised Berto agreed to this fight. I mean, I give Berto credit because one thing Berto does have is balls, he always comes to fight and has guts and heart. I thought he would continue to work on his momentum and fight more winnable fights, at least one or two more before taking a fight like this.

But Berto needs the money too. I wouldn't have chose Porter though with Porters style. It's the kind that Berto had trouble with previously.

But Broner did drop Porter when they fought. So we will see what happens.
              Last edited by The Time; 04-11-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Blakbread904, 2x

Comment

Gotta give this one some thought. This can go either way. Porter can outwork, outmuscle him and get a possible stoppage due to Berto's past wars. Or Porter can use that same game-plan and get caught like he did towards the end of the Broner fight. Berto I feel is a bit faster, a bit stronger and has more offense than AB so I'm not sure how to choose a winner as of yet.

Comment

I think Berto pulls this one off.

Comment

Working...
                    X