Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are your most Underrated boxers right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Fedor Chudinov no love ever since he beat Sturm twice!

Nice pick. His problem is he got robbed and I do mean robbed against Strum in the 2nd fight. That is the worst decision I've seen in a long long time. Add to that Strum tested positive for a PED yet the decision still has'nt been overturned. It looks like they are going to keep him sidelined until that all gets sorted out.

As for the topic. Danny Garcia gets my vote. I'm guilty of underrating him myself and honestly don't think too highly of him, but he has some damn good wins.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      never saw a fighter as accomplished before the age of 30, like danny Garcia, get so underrated

he does nothing special but he knows how to win and never quits.

he is clearly the most underrated on this site and outside of it, considering people consider him the weak link at 147, when in actuality, he may be the most proven as far as who he has fought in his career over all
      I'd say Herrera the man who should hold a win over Garcia as far more underrated.

Garcia lost to Peterson and Herrera.... We all seen it happen

Comment

Gamboa, Donaire, BJS, Diego Chaves

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
          I'd say Herrera the man who should hold a win over Garcia as far more underrated.

Garcia lost to Peterson and Herrera.... We all seen it happen
          both fights were close....far from robberies...go watch Emmanuel augustus vs Courtney burton if you want to see a robbery...or malignaggi vs diaz 1

Herrera did better than people expected, so they chalk it up as a win for him....happens in boxing all the time and also reflects in scoring

those 2 fights don't erase the good things he has done as a fighter and also he has beaten better competition than all the hyped up fighters around today like GGG, Kovalev, Spence, etc.

he is underrated

Comment

Someone mentioned Pascal here. Very very good one.

He's the first dude to beat Dawson's ass. Drew with Hopkins once and lost decision in the rematch. Hopkins is a special talent though.

Comment

And then people quickly pass Kovalevs two KO wins verse the granite chin pascal. SMH

You'll be in for a surprise when Kovalev fights Ward

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                both fights were close....far from robberies...go watch Emmanuel augustus vs Courtney burton if you want to see a robbery...or malignaggi vs diaz 1

Herrera did better than people expected, so they chalk it up as a win for him....happens in boxing all the time and also reflects in scoring

those 2 fights don't erase the good things he has done as a fighter and also he has beaten better competition than all the hyped up fighters around today like GGG, Kovalev, Spence, etc.

he is underrated
                I am well aware of the phenomenon in boxing that you speak of but be assured I don't fall victim to it. Herrera and Peterson landed more punches in more rounds. I was a huge Danny fan going in to those fights and had picked him to beat Lucas. Danny looked terrible in both. He looked much better against Guerrero.

Has he beat better comp? Lucas has always been what he is. I thought Judah scraped the victory fairly and Garcia won rather easily despite fading late. Molina dropped and dragged him into a war. Ruslan tore him up at times, Postol was able to shut down a lot of his work.

Morales is an ATG but not at 140. Khan has a kryptonite and everyone knows it.

Don't forget to add Crawford, Loma to that hype list. People can't just like a fighter these days, the cool thing is to just proclaim them invincible and unbeatable.

Danny is slighty underrated in the sense I think he hangs with Porter/Thurman/Brook/Spence but not in that he is some special fighter on the down low.

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
                  And then people quickly pass Kovalevs two KO wins verse the granite chin pascal. SMH

You'll be in for a surprise when Kovalev fights Ward
                  No opinion on Kovalev/Ward but Pascal is not granite at all. Froch had him stanky legged and Dawson had him on his bike late.

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
                    Someone mentioned Pascal here. Very very good one.

He's the first dude to beat Dawson's ass. Drew with Hopkins once and lost decision in the rematch. Hopkins is a special talent though.
                    He got a fortunate stoppage on cuts when he was on the way to being stopped by Dawson. He should've lost both fights. Hopkins was old then, never mind when Kovalev beat him. Dawson beat Hopkins better a few years earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                      I am well aware of the phenomenon in boxing that you speak of but be assured I don't fall victim to it. Herrera and Peterson landed more punches in more rounds. I was a huge Danny fan going in to those fights and had picked him to beat Lucas. Danny looked terrible in both. He looked much better against Guerrero.

Has he beat better comp? Lucas has always been what he is. I thought Judah scraped the victory fairly and Garcia won rather easily despite fading late. Molina dropped and dragged him into a war. Ruslan tore him up at times, Postol was able to shut down a lot of his work.

Morales is an ATG but not at 140. Khan has a kryptonite and everyone knows it.

Don't forget to add Crawford, Loma to that hype list. People can't just like a fighter these days, the cool thing is to just proclaim them invincible and unbeatable.

Danny is slighty underrated in the sense I think he hangs with Porter/Thurman/Brook/Spence but not in that he is some special fighter on the down low.
                      he isn't awesome at any aspect of the game but he is a good all arounder with a big heart, good chin and will to win (reminds me of a welterweight Holyfield)..he rises to the occasion but sometimes fights down to the level of competition

Peterson gave the fight away not working all 12 rounds and bouncing around not throwing anything

Herrera landed nice jabs and straights but Garcia landed the harder more telling shots.

Neither were robberies in my eyes.

every fighter has weaknesses, regardless many were picking khan and matthyssee to beat him and he clearly beat both

Comment

Working...
                      X