No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UFC's Dana White: Showtime is Kicking HBO's Ass

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: UFC's Dana White: Showtime is Kicking HBO's Ass

Dana White, President of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), made some very surprising comments regarding the boxing battle between network giants HBO and Showtime.

In 2012, White had a bad falling out with Showtime over their business relationship connected to UFC's Strikeforce brand.

During the post-fight press conference to UFC's pay-per-view event on Saturday night, White discussed the split with Showtime and now believes the network moved away from MMA in order to place those budgetary funds into boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I feel sorry for anyone who bought that bum fight last night on PPV. Sonnen was a complete no-hoper and got demolished in 1 round as expected.

Comment

HBO looked like crap last night if were being honest. The only thing they did was have a decent new opening to HBO boxing I haven't seen.

I know everyone will come in here and say HBO boxing has been king for years, blah blah blah, but I think Showtime is fresher and new, has better talent fighting for them, and will continue to gain viewers.

Comment

He's right, Showtime is just blowing hbo out the water lately... I didn't even watch the hbo show last night because Showtime was just really good, the commentary is great and the fights just interest me alot more...

I have no interest in fights that take place in China and to me it's insulting that hbo would rather showcase some 30 year old Chinese bum that just left the amateurs over America fighters like Danny Garcia

Comment

I agree. Showtime has been putting some good fights. Alot better than HBO. HBO wont have any good fights until September or October. In the meantime Showtime is putting up fights like

Canelo vs Trout
          Garcia vs Judah
          Quillin vs TBA
          Matthyse vs Peterson
          Josesito vs Maidana

Cant wait for this fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
            HBO looked like crap last night if were being honest. The only thing they did was have a decent new opening to HBO boxing I haven't seen.

I know everyone will come in here and say HBO boxing has been king for years, blah blah blah, but I think Showtime is fresher and new, has better talent fighting for them, and will continue to gain viewers.
            Could also be the venue/weather. At the end of the day, I care more about the fights than the presentation. Showtime had a good card as did HBO. I think Garcia/Judah was more entertaining though.

Comment

we got an expected gem in Bradley vs provodnikov but really other then Rigo vs Donaire on paper their fights been average at best

Comment

they are pushing 3 fighters hard one got exposed by Rigo the other needs a surgery after every fight and the 3rd is Ward who no one really cares what he is doing

Comment

Chavez is fighting soon but he is not fighting a top champ. Vera has been an ESPN fighter.

Comment

Showtime has been putting on some great cards lately.
                    As a resident of Albuquerque I see a lot of the UFC guys that train at Jackson's around town. I have met and take to both Jones and Rashaad Evans, both seemed like really good dudes. I try to get into MMA but just can't. Its either a 30 second knockout or a two guys wrestling on the ground for position. Either way I don't feel like I got my money's worth.

Comment

Working...
                    X