Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Doest Thy Study And Exercise? (Challenge inside)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Doest Thy Study And Exercise? (Challenge inside)

So I've recently returned to school after summer-break, still trying to heal from some injuries and as I slowly get introduced into some new classes at my upper secondary school, (Second year) my new math/electricity learning teacher suddenly drops the bomb that we're going to have a test in a few days, same week as we started using brand new, never heard of formulas and mathematical techniques mixing equations and god knows what else that made me cry a bit on the inside as I tried to image the possibility of getting both a private life and exercise in with this on the plate.

I took the liberty of writing down a small example just for fun to see if anyone here can wrap his/her head around it along with the only "Tips" or "Clues" we've got from him ON PAPER.

----

What material is consistent in the metal wire that has a 0.2 mm diameter, length of 3 meters and with the resistivity of 133 ohm?

Answer/Tips:

R=P*L/A=R*A=P*L=P=R*A/L=133*0,0314/3=1.34=1.34=1.39KanThalA

Ohm's Law

Resistivity R=P*L/A

A=π*r*r=diameter

R=P*L/A=R*A=P*L=L=R*A/P=x*x/x=x

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about you guys but me and more than half of my class thinks this is a bit.. over-class for 17-18 year old kids that only has 2 days a week to study along with keeping an healthy lifestyle ontop of that.

Update1: Everyone in my class took the test and approximately 60%~ of the people failed along with many other people from other classes that has this guy. Probably gonna nudge the principal about this.

Update2:

A hundred readers and none know the answer.

I take that as It's impossible then. Thanks.
    Last edited by Coeco; 10-11-2011, 02:26 PM.
Working...
X