Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sober people, how do you fare in bars or heavy drinking atmospheres?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Sober people, how do you fare in bars or heavy drinking atmospheres?

I keep getting invited to go out to bars by my coworkers but I always turn them down because I don't drink (but I don't tell them that). I'm in my mid 20's and I've never even stepped foot in a bar before, is that sad?

I'm thinking that maybe I should start accepting invitations to bars but I still don't want to drink. Is it socially acceptable to order food and whatnot but instead of getting beer, can I get a water or Coke, or "club soda"? Which would seem less fruity? Would I stand out like a sore thumb if I didn't drink at a bar? Or do people who are sober do this all the time?

Also, is there any bar etiquette that I should know? I know most people "tip" their bartender right, but does the same hold true if I am only getting soda/water?

Also, is bar food good? Or is it typically fatty foods to keep the alcohol in check?

There was this scene in a movie that traumatized me from going to bars. It was some movie with a young Tyra Banks in it where she and her girl pals owned a bar or something like that and they danced for tips and some fella came in and ordered water and they all laughed at him and sprayed him in the face with water. Is that how bar folks treat people who are sober and ask for water? BTW what movie was that? I've seen it at least a dozen times but can't remember the name,

Comment

I hate sober people. They are good drivers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        I hate sober people. They are good drivers though.
        Do you feel that they are buzz kills? Do you hang out with any sober friends?

But yeah, I wouldn't mind being the DD. All groups need one, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          Do you feel that they are buzz kills? Do you hang out with any sober friends?

But yeah, I wouldn't mind being the DD. All groups need one, right?
          No I like sober people.

I don't like people who get drunk off like 3 beers.

Uber.

Comment

I use to be like that, but I drink only enough to get a buzz, not drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              No I like sober people.

I don't like people who get drunk off like 3 beers.

Uber.
              I don't drink at all because I am allergic to it. I can stomach 1 beer tops before I break out into rashes but I prefer not to drink at all. Due to being allergic, I would throw up before I could even get drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                I use to be like that, but I drink only enough to get a buzz, not drunk
                You used to be sober? How would you act in bars? Would your friends pressure you into drinking? What drinks would you order instead of alcohol? Did people make fun of you? Sorry but I am desperate!

Comment

Start doing ecstasy then

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                    Start doing ecstasy then
                    I don't do any hard drugs. I do smoke the devil's lettuce from time to time though.

Comment

Working...
                    X