Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Gives Gennady Golovkin The Edge To Beat Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Gives Gennady Golovkin The Edge To Beat Canelo

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao has given IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) the edge to defeat Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (49-1, 34 KOs), who officially makes his move to 160-pounds. The fight between Golovkin and Canelo takes place on September 16th at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Pacman has spoken, but I do believe it will be a close fight, I give the edge to GGG because of his non-stop offense and the way he cuts the ring, but Canelo has been bobbing and weaving like a champ lately and countering very well

Comment

Even Pac knows it's a tough fight unlike the GGGTards

Comment

PAC mentioned aggression... the same 12 rounds against Floyd where we only saw it in rounds 4 and 6... offensive punchers get tamed by those better than them with defense as well.

But his shoulder doe...

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
          The Pacman has spoken, but I do believe it will be a close fight, I give the edge to GGG because of his non-stop offense and the way he cuts the ring, but Canelo has been bobbing and weaving like a champ lately and countering very well
          If he can do that for 12 rounds, Canelo close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
            If he can do that for 12 rounds, Canelo close decision.
            Agreed, but will the pressure get to him? GGG's constant jab is another problem, uses it very well to set you up for the right hand.

Canelo seems to have take a liking to being on the ropes, and that's something he has to avoid with GGG, it worked with predictable opponents like Liam Smith and James Kirkland who were easy to read and counter, but GGG sometimes changes the angle of the punches he throws to make the opponent adjust to his liking.

A lot of factors in this bout, I believe the one who exploits them first has the advantage and the edge to take the W

Comment

I could see a borefest with GGG boxing like his did against Lemiuex

Comment

Pac would have beaten the fraud Alvarez if he had fought him just before or just after Floyd did he was still pretty much at the top then... the MW division is really not all that strong picture Alvarez vs Ray Robinson or Carlos monzon or Hagler that's how really good he is, he's not... the sad state of boxing today everybody thinks these overnight wonders are pound-for-pound all-time greats not even close

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                  PAC mentioned aggression... the same 12 rounds against Floyd where we only saw it in rounds 4 and 6... offensive punchers get tamed by those better than them with defense as well.

But his shoulder doe...
                  Lol, exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    I could see a borefest with GGG boxing like his did against Lemiuex
                    That fight wasn't a borefest...Matter of fact that was GGG's greatest boxing skill performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X