No announcement yet.

Better chin, Froch or Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better chin, Froch or Margarito?

After watching Groves hitting Froch with a 8-9 punch combination of power punches in the sixth, I'm starting to wonder, is Froch the new chin of boxing after Margarito?

The only one who could really hurt Margarito was a hard hitting Shane Mosley, who also hit him with train like punches. But go back and watch Jean Pascal, Jermain Taylor, Mikkel Kessler, Glen Johnson and now George Groves unload some serious bombs too and he's taken them very well, getting up both times he's been floored and winning both fights, showing great recuperation, only seemed real hurt one time in his carreer, against Groves.
    Antonio Margarito
    58.33%
    Carl Froch
    33.33%
    About equal
    8.33%

margarito had a lot more mileage by the time he got koed, he was like 15 years old pro
    froch is what at the 8th 9th year of his career?

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
      margarito had a lot more mileage by the time he got koed, he was like 15 years old pro
      Froch is also in a higher division which means that the punches have more impact.

Comment

They are both pretty much equal.

both these guys have solid iron jaws, that punch dropped Froch is the same exact that knocked Pacman out cold, it barely even Phased Froch he was hurt a bit and than bounced right back, any other fighter would have fell asleep, he ran right into it too just like Pac did.

Margarito wasn't even wobbling against Mosley if you watch it he basically fell because of the pressure he couldn't handle it anymore, he admit he had to cut over 30 pounds in a month for that fight and his conditioning was garbage so he basically was stopped do to bad conditioning.

Probably the best chin is James toney a former middleweight who is taking punches from men with bigger bone frames and weigh over 230-240 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
          Froch turned pro in '02.

Glen Johnson is still boxing, he has a better chin than them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            Froch turned pro in '02.

Glen Johnson is still boxing, he has a better chin than them both.
            Help me out here bro, which fight do you suggest I watch where he really gets tested?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              Help me out here bro, which fight do you suggest I watch where he really gets tested?
              I don't know if you'll find any Mosley/Groves type footage with Johnson because he isn't face-first, he keeps his hands up, he's just very durable. Froch said it was like hitting a tree. His one stoppage came against Hopkins but he didn't look in any danger of going down, it looked premature from the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I don't know if you'll find any Mosley/Groves type footage with Johnson because he isn't face-first, he keeps his hands up, he's just very durable. Froch said it was like hitting a tree. His one stoppage came against Hopkins but he didn't look in any danger of going down, it looked premature from the ref.
                Yeah he seems very durable, but he comes in with a tank like defense, I haven't seen him tested the way Margarito or Froch has been time and time again.

Comment

Froch by far since he faced and took shots from guys bigger than what Margarito faced. Froch would be able to take Pacquiao's, Mosley's and Cotto's punches without any problems.

Comment

margarito has a better chin.

froch has a great chin. don't get me wrong. it's just not as good as margarito.

froch is also a much better fighter. even though he's slow, he defends better than margarito. margarito's best win came when he was clearly geeked up on plaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X