No announcement yet.

The real truth about Broners resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
    dont get me wrong homie, lol, broner may be a all time great by the end of his career but his resume is mentioned by posters as p4p worthy(thats laughable to me-opinion) , lol, i know the guys broner beat arent even gatekeeper caliber, lol, the best win was de marco caz he was clearly the winner to anyone who saw that fight from beginning to end, lol,

mathysse aint even considered p4p and he has a much better resume than broner by far
    Lol he can never be an all time great, there simply aren't enough fighters this generation, I get where you're coming from still. He shouldn't be in the top 10 pound for pound but he is flashy and marketable so the casuals will buy into thinking they are watching greatness.

Matthysse, I'm not sure how to explain things. I feel that his resume is more solid than Broner's and if he collected wins over Judah and Alexander his positioning would probably reflect that point. Unfortunately he's boxing in an era where people focus on the actual result so people won't look passed the result so that they focus on the quality of the opposition and opponent. That being said I think Matthysse resume is nothing special as well, a pound for pound fighter should handle people like Judah and Alexander with relative ease.

Comment

i used to think broner was pure skill, but now, there is too much hype around him, you don't know what's truth from fiction. one thing is for sure, broner has never fought anyone his own size and 140 might be the end of him

Comment

I voted only two good wins with the Ponce fight looking like a loss. He has lots of pretty good wins and appears to be a very good fighter on the way up but guys that rate him as the best or 2nd best fighter in the world right now are really going nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          Lol he can never be an all time great, there simply aren't enough fighters this generation, I get where you're coming from still. He shouldn't be in the top 10 pound for pound but he is flashy and marketable so the casuals will buy into thinking they are watching greatness.

Matthysse, I'm not sure how to explain things. I feel that his resume is more solid than Broner's and if he collected wins over Judah and Alexander his positioning would probably reflect that point. Unfortunately he's boxing in an era where people focus on the actual result so people won't look passed the result so that they focus on the quality of the opposition and opponent. That being said I think Matthysse resume is nothing special as well, a pound for pound fighter should handle people like Judah and Alexander with relative ease.
          on broner again, lol, i understand his ability is amazing but i also saw quintero and ponce who are both very low skill limited ability fighters get decisions where people truely felt they beat broner, lol, those guys are not rios, bradley, marquez ,abril or even feather fited vasquez who have hadmore solid performances in their resumes to be brushed off as being just easy wins for broner, lol, if boxing skill was all that mattered, montell griffin, zab judah, jorge linares, amir khan corey spinks etc. would all still be undefeated

i dont know why broners fans just brush fighters like them off as no hopers (speed doesnt always kill), skill can only go so far for boxers, lol,

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
            on broner again, lol, i understand his ability is amazing but i also saw quintero and ponce who are both very low skill limited ability fighters get decisions where people truely felt they beat broner, lol, those guys are not rios, bradley, marquez ,abril or even feather fited vasquez who have hadmore solid performances in their resumes to be brushed off as being just easy wins for broner, lol, if boxing skill was all that mattered, montell griffin, zab judah, jorge linares, amir khan corey spinks etc. would all still be undefeated

i dont know why broners fans just brush fighters like them off as no hopers (speed doesnt always kill), skill can only go so far for boxers, lol,
            Broner even has a little old lady on his résumé. He got 40 bucks for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              i agree with your gif homie, broner doesnt beat pacquiao, maybe floyd but broner does not

Comment

When does age factor P4Pness?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Broner's resume isn't very good but it's better than Valero's.

It's not much better though.

Comment

Broner is just the second coming of Andre Berto. Im having fun watching fans comparing his talent with Mayweather. Floyd wouldn't get tagged too many times by a midget like Rees never in his lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
                      Broner is just the second coming of Andre Berto. Im having fun watching fans comparing his talent with Mayweather. Floyd wouldn't get tagged too many times by a midget like Rees never in his lifetime.
                      ni ce comparison, berto always spoke about skill and speed, lol, then he got clokked but ive never really seen broner get too hurt, ive seen really bad qualities in 2 fights and vs the 5'2 midget for broner so broner has to prove by stepping up to a real challenger

Comment

Working...
                      X