Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fact: if you don't think Ward is a master tactician you kno low nothing about boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We tend to call guys who abandon the showmanship aspect of boxing and just resort to ugly tactics to win "master technicians". It's dishonesty and hipstery. They aren't doing anything beyond the comprehension of the average fan and you know it.

Comment

If you had it a draw and say the fight could've gone either way that just doesn't fit "Kovalev is a bum" agenda, you basically say they're on the same level. Man, **** it, don't give your enemies credit for anything, if you're against it - you're supposed to be against it 100%

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
        I keep reading all these articles about how ward supposedly is all f a sudden overrated. How he was given a gift against Sergey. First of all that fight could've gone either way. I actually had it a draw ( And I'm a huge Ward fan so I don't show bias). But anyways getting back to my point unless you're a boxer yourself you can't appreciate the craftiness/timing/ring IQ that someone like Ward has. He won that fight. Cause after rd 4 he made it and Andre Ward fight. And for those of you who said he was holding all night. Watch it again Kovalev did just as much or more holding that night bc he knew Ward would own him inside

Comment

What I meant was I had it a draw but I could've seen it go to Ward by the exact scores the judges had it. But even if Kovalev won nobody got robbed here. It was a very tough fight to call

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
            First you say you show no bias because you scored the fight a draw. Then you say he won the fight.

What is it. Was it a draw in your mind or do you think Ward won?

All I know about this thread is that you tried to be intellengent but came out looking stupid.

Your point holds though. TS is a weirdo.

Comment

Click bait..

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Yes, well a friend of mine also randomly bashed buttons while watching the fight. They say Kovalev landed 137% of his punches whereas Ward only landed 112%. You validate your numbers for me and then I'll validate mine. You don't have to do the full fight. A couple of rounds will do.
                If you want to completely disregard Compubox, the punch count arbiter that the general boxing audience has come to accept as being the source for punch numbers, come out and say so.

you'll look like an utter fool, but that'd be your own cross to bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
                  Why does efficiency count? Isn't it about who is hurting who? Not saying Kovalev severely damaged him but I thought he hurt more overall
                  Because, after the third round, Kovalev hardly hit Ward with anything that moved the needle.

Comment

master tactician lol. What were the tactics- to get put on his arse and throw nothing but body shots and jabs and hope the american judges had his back?

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Because, after the third round, Kovalev hardly hit Ward with anything that moved the needle.
                      Ward's jabs didn't do any more damage than Kovalev's shots

Comment

Working...
                      X