Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lemieux the "Challenger" Golovkin was waiting for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    I wanna see it though. Both fighters are with Golden Boy. Winner moves on to bigger and better things.

What's going on with Jacobs by the way? I haven't heard anything about him since he beat Fletcher, he should be more active.
    He told Michael Woods he's back April 11th against TBA in TBA venue

Sounds to me like he's in Barclays

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      He told Michael Woods he's back April 11th against TBA in TBA venue

Sounds to me like he's in Barclays
      Cheers!

The bold part cracked me up... TBA!!!... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
        Then you're simply at fault for not seeing his improvements.
        agreed lemieux is a imporved fighter i think he can take to GGG

Comment

lemieux does really well when his opponent lets him bully them and he smells blood, but i don't think he would win a toe to toe war with golovkin, no.

Comment

Lemieux has good fundamentals and I definitely see him test GGG better than most. He is the most powerful puncher he would have ever faced, so David will always be in the game even if he is getting a beatdown from Round 1 on.

Comment

he'll get battered into submission just like everybody else

Comment

.......it would be a brilliant 3 minutes though!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                  When I say challenger I'm not exactly saying he will beat GGG, but a guy who will test GGG's heart and will and take him to deep waters and may be even beat Golovkin.

David Lemieux's KO ratio speaks for itself, but before he would easily gas out after 4 and Rubio and Alcine toyed with him, but now he has worked very hard and has improved well. Takes a more economical yet entertaining approach.

Anyhow, the point is do you guys believe Lemieux is THAT guy who will beat GGG? If not do you at least believe he would put GGG through hell? Either ways answer "Yes" in the poll and explain which of the two you answered Yes for in the comments.
                  Lemeuix is untested, hasn't he already been stopped? Lost twice to less than mediocre opponents?

LOL at this stage Cotto would give GGG a better challenge.

Comment

Their professional stats and physical attributes are fascinating/parallel, diverging in Lemieux's defeat by KO.Despite David Lemieux's progress in the middleweight division and enhanced technical grasp he will only come close within the first 4rounds (and nothing more) -- his style and strength have advanced his career to a prominent position to be even considered as a challenger to the thrown yet in a ridiculous twist of irony will lead to his destruction.

Comment

Hell no. He'd get destroyed. I don't think anyone at 160 besides potentially Alvarez could test Golovkin. And even then it's not exactly a great chance. Actually, add Lara to that list as well.
                      Last edited by bojangles1987; 02-14-2015, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X