No announcement yet.

Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne Set For UFC 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Barnett vs Travis Browne Set For UFC 168

A key heavyweight matchup has been added to the UFC's traditional year-end event as Josh Barnett meets Travis Browne.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal first reported the booming, and UFC officials subsequently confirmed it.

Featuring two heavily anticipated title fights with middleweight champ Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva and women's bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate, UFC 168 takes place Dec. 18 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. Barnett vs. Browne will be part of the main card.

Barnett (33-6 MMA, 5-1 UFC) currently sits at No. 5 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA heavyweight rankings while Browne (15-1-1 MMA, 6-1-1 UFC) is just behind at No. 7.

mmajunkie.com
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

Browne could land something big but id bank on Barnett taking him school and tapping him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Barnett GNP followed by Submission.

Comment

im convinced browne is gonna win this, if he's an underdog im gonna place some real cash on him

Comment

Barnett will kick his ass but Werdum-Nog winner gets the titleshot first.

Comment

Will go the same way as Browne v Reem except this time Barnett finishes him inside the round.

Comment

Yes...and i think Barnett will be a much better matchup for Cain than Browne.
              Barnett can potentially beat Cain...He can outpower him on the ground or submit him. Cain's two major advantages are his wrestling & cardio. But his striking is crap and his submission game is non-existant.

If Cain can outlast Barnett and keep a crazy pace , then he's likely to win a UD.
              But i seriously doubt he'll be able to manhandle Barnett like he did against his other opponents. The truth is that almost all UFC HW are garbage in the wrestling department.

Only 3 of them are legit...(Cain , Barnett & Cormier).
              I believe Cain's dominance is only due to his super cardio and solid wrestling. But since the majority of his opponents are crap in greco , he always has the upper hand.

JDS has KO power and he can take a punch. His submission game is ok but not special. The only 3 HW with super solid Jiujitsu are Werdum , Nogueira & Mir. But Nogueira is shot (and should've retired 5 years ago).

I also think Barnett could beat Cormier in a rematch.
              But maybe i'm wrong about Travis Browne. Maybe he has what it takes to beat Cain and Barnett , and to become the next champ.

Comment

If Werdum wins it's probably him. If he loses then yeah, maybe the winner of Barnett/Brown gets the next shot.

Comment

Dana said Werdum is getting the next title shot. Browne is better on the feet Barnett is ok there but ultimately he will get it to the ground and end it there.

Comment

Barnett by arm triangle choke in the first.

Browne is all hype. Don't forget slower than snail **** bigfoot silva KO'd him in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                    X