No announcement yet.

Will both Klitschkos get in the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
    Holmes is considered a top 10 HW by most people and top 5 by some, I think that's getting quite a bit of credit. However a lot of people talk about the Klitschkos like they wouldn't even hold a title in another era. Tyson also dominated in a "weak" era, and had a short prime, but look how much love he gets. Seriously apart from the 70s, and 90s, which HW era can not be considered weak compared to those two? The HW division is more or less what it has always been, except for those eras when you had more than 2-3 great fighters fighting between them.
    There's two main reasons people don't like the klitschko's. They are Eastern European (for obivous reasons the US hate that) and they're white. This is two completly new phenomena's in HW boxing and so many americans hate those facts and that it ain't gonna change for YEARS to come.

Comment

Wlad: Ruslan Chagaev, Thompson, Ibragimov, Austin and Brock, all rated by the ring and two were champions at the time.

Vitali: Johnson, Gomez, Arreola, Peter, all ranked by the ring and one was a champion at the time (I mention 4 because he has only had 4 fights since his comeback)

What is the point in this? That was easy, everyone can check the records and see who they've fought. Are you saying the Klitschkos duck contenders?
      No, I'm saying that that abominable list won't get them in the HOF. Combined? Sure. Except we're talking about TWO guys splitting opponents. So NO ONE is dominating the division.

Comment

Wlad: Ruslan Chagaev, Thompson, Ibragimov, Austin and Brock, all rated by the ring and two were champions at the time.

Vitali: Johnson, Gomez, Arreola, Peter, all ranked by the ring and one was a champion at the time (I mention 4 because he has only had 4 fights since his comeback)

What is the point in this? That was easy, everyone can check the records and see who they've fought. Are you saying the Klitschkos duck contenders?
        Also at least 5 of those were undefeated when they faced K2.

Vitalis last 4 opponents have a combined record of 123-2-1

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          No, I'm saying that that abominable list won't get them in the HOF. Combined? Sure. Except we're talking about TWO guys splitting opponents. So NO ONE is dominating the division.
          That is not up to you to decide. If they get in the HOF then what, will you write them telling how wrong they are?

When the HW division continues to be dominated by europeans (the Boystovs, Pulevs and such that are coming up), you'll still be saying that the division is weak?

Comment

Originally posted by elephant man View Post
            Also at least 5 of those were undefeated when they faced K2.

Vitalis last 4 opponents have a combined record of 123-2-1
            Yeah, I don't get it, people say this is a weak era, but how are those guys any worse than guys like Rahman, Maskaev, Briggs, Tua and such that were holding titles/being contenders some years ago?

Comment

That is not up to you to decide. If they get in the HOF then what, will you write them telling how wrong they are?

When the HW division continues to be dominated by europeans (the Boystovs, Pulevs and such that are coming up), you'll still be saying that the division is weak?
              Try reading the rest of what I wrote.

Comment

Yeah, I don't get it, people say this is a weak era, but how are those guys any worse than guys like Rahman, Maskaev, Briggs, Tua and such that were holding titles/being contenders some years ago?
                Michael Grant
                Francis Botha
                Hasim Rahman
                David Tua
                Zeljko Mavrovic
                Shannon Briggs
                Henry Akinwande
                Andrew Golota

Lennox Lewis defended his title against all of these.....none of them are special whatsoever,You can only beat whos out there

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Try reading the rest of what I wrote.
                  I already did, since there have been 4 titles the belts have been divided for most of the time, so what's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                    Hell no, not in my opinion. They're both stiff, upright, mechanical. It's effective against the kind of lard ass, unmotivated opponents they face, but it wouldn't be against a HW with a pulse. Imagine putting them in with prime Tyson? They're lumbering fighters who leave their chin hanging out to dry, it just never gets exposed (well, it did by Sanders and Brewster, in the case of Wlad). There doesn't seem to be any grace of technical ability. They both have big right hands; I like Wladimir's left hook too. I haven't seen them able to overcome any real challenge. Vitali quit with his shoulder vs Byrd. He lost to Lewis; who knows how the fight would have turned out, Lewis was clearly out of shape - career high weight? I believe - and still landed power shot after power shot in a real scrap with Vitali. Wlad's been twice smoked by non stellar opponents. Neither of them have a truly noteworthy win
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=53

Can we say, hipocrisy?

Comment

I already did, since there have been 4 titles the belts have been divided for most of the time, so what's your point?
                      My point is that if you were referring to one person who did all that - dominated and beat a division full of challengers (weak or strong), then I'd say yes. You can point to Lennox Lewis and say he dominated a weak division but how much worse would it be if he split the opponents with someone else? You can't pretend the Klitschko's are one person.

Comment

Working...
                      X