No announcement yet.

It would probably never happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    dude i literally dont give a **** about this fight but Marciano's record is filled but club fighters with losing records..he was fighting people with losing records LTE IN HIS CAREER....in his 32 fight he fought a guy 8-8-1..in his 33rd he fought a guy 4--14-3 in his 34th fight he fought a guy 13-15-1..in his 35th fight he fought a guy 11-14-2....QUESTION IS ISNT 49-0 REALLY ALREADY FLOYDS RECORD??
    No...it goes to who sets it first and someone has to come along and break it. Like i said, i don't care much either way...but you know as well as i do that it will be talked up afterward.

Comment

JCC Sr was 87-0 at one point so who gives a **** about Marciano's record?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        There are guys who have a longer undefeated record than Marciano. If someone is threatened by, or gives credit to a Mayweather win over McGregor, that's their own fault. The rest of the world knows it's just a cash grab.
        Indeed it is...the only people interested in the record will be casuals fed by the media and nsb fanboys/trolls using it against rival posters.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          Indeed it is...the only people interested in the record will be casuals fed by the media and nsb fanboys/trolls using it against rival posters.
          Yea. If anything, I think it tarnishes Floyd's record mildly because it gives critics fuel to say that he fought low quality fighters (I still think going out on Berto was a mistake).

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Yea. If anything, I think it tarnishes Floyd's record mildly because it gives critics fuel to say that he fought low quality fighters (I still think going out on Berto was a mistake).
            So do i...but floyd is not a pass the torch kind of guy. I also think he didn't have the confidence in his body that he once did and didn't want to take any big risks at that point. The whole undefeated tbe thing is a brand in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
              JCC Sr was 87-0 at one point so who gives a **** about Marciano's record?
              Exactly.

I never got the whole thing about the 49-0. It' already been beaten, smashed in fact, it's just those guys retired with less fights and before they lost.

Comment

Floyd fighting Berto was a huge mistake to me. I just did not get the fight. He should have faced Keith or Danny. Now i feel he deserved to go out how he wanted but still. Looking at this Conor x Floyd fight? Its just to appease white people who hate Floyd and want to see him humbled and for McGregor to make millions more than he probably ever gets in UFC.

Comment

Working...
                X