Age Of Opponents / When Clash With GGG / Since Ouma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    Just pointing out his age at the time of the fight

Not a big difference, just wanted to provide the correct accurate info as far as his age when the fight took place.

Age is not going to be a big factor or hold any special significance in the fight between Canelo and Golovkin. Sure Golovkin is in the beginning stages of starting to decline, but he's not old enough physically where as he and Canelo won't be in a fierce competitive fight.
    Ok I've edited it.

The thing is, Golovkin has felt the power of all his opposition at respected age. Take a look at Ouma (Southpaw), Jacobs (both), Brook, to Monroe Jr... those 4 guys at similar ages were able to clip GGG several times, or catch him when he made defensive flaws.

I have Alvarez understanding the range for the widely talked about jab of Golovkin, which btw, when he fought Ouma - that jab style really wasn't there...Southpaws!

I see Alvarez doing many 2 punch sequences on Golovkin when he covers up even when Gennady comes forward.

It's going to be really interesting how Gennady handles that power covering up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      Ok I've edited it.

The thing is, Golovkin has felt the power of all his opposition at respected age. Take a look at Ouma (Southpaw), Jacobs (both), Brook, to Monroe Jr... those 4 guys at similar ages were able to clip GGG several times, or catch him when he made defensive flaws.

I have Alvarez understanding the range for the widely talked about jab of Golovkin, which btw, when he fought Ouma - that jab style really wasn't there...Southpaws!

I see Alvarez doing many 2 punch sequences on Golovkin when he covers up even when Gennady comes forward.

It's going to be really interesting how Gennady handles that power covering up.
      So the point you are trying to make is, that the younger the fighter, the better chance he has to rock Golovkin.

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        So the point you are trying to make is, that the younger the fighter, the better chance he has to rock Golovkin.

LOL!

Don't get spooked my son. You quoted and merely trolled...

What is the difference between Nelo, Lemeieux, and Wade? Are fights only filtered by "rocking" someone? Couldve sworn the pros has a point system..

Comment

So we're comparing apples to oranges or what?

I mean what's the point?

Why not make a thread with the rankings at 160 lbs. when GGG faced those fighters.

The real point is that Gennady always tries to fight the best at 160. End of story really.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            So we're comparing apples to oranges or what?

I mean what's the point?

Why not make a thread with the rankings at 160 lbs. when GGG faced those fighters.

The real point is that Gennady always tries to fight the best at 160. End of story really.
            Wait, the age comparisons is supposed to help better understand the odds. For instance, look at the age table my bro, whats the difference in an Adama body blow at 33 vs an Alvarez body blow at 27?

Let's acknowledge theory and impact, not pretend its not useful.

Comment

Wait, the age comparisons is supposed to help better understand the odds. For instance, look at the age table my bro, whats the difference in an Adama body blow at 33 vs an Alvarez body blow at 27?

Let's acknowledge theory and impact, not pretend its not useful.
              I see no relevance to anything tangible to the GGG-Alvarez fight odds whatsoever.

Complete fail as far as I'm concerned.

The only real factor here is that GGG is 36 (old by boxing std's) and Canelo is 27 (prime).

Comment

I see no relevance to anything tangible to the GGG-Alvarez fight odds whatsoever.

Complete fail as far as I'm concerned.

The only real factor here is that GGG is 36 (old by boxing std's) and Canelo is 27 (prime).
                Golovkin just turned 35...

Comment

Early to mid 30's is old apparently, lol.

Comment

Golovkin just turned 35...
                    My mistake, still no spring chicken by boxing std's.

Ali was a shell of himself by that age.

Comment

My mistake, still no spring chicken by boxing std's.

Ali was a shell of himself by that age.
                      The problem is people are focusing on Gennady's age from the table. It has nothing to do with his age. I believe Gennady's IQ can hold its own.

My point is, Gennady has felt the power from all those listed at their respected age. If we lined em up on a heavy bag at their respected ages to Nelo. What's the difference in power? If people think Nelo don't got snap then...

Comment

Working...
                      X