Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't ever compare Lomachenko to Roy Jones Jr....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
    I read a few articles or watched some interview where people were comparing Lomachenko to Roy Jones Jr.

Are these people dumb?

A prime RJJ could hit you from across the ring, throw ryu type uppercuts, clown his opponent then knock their ass out. Jones was also a entertainer. He would put on a show while he boxed circles around his opponent.

Prime RJJ was a beast. For those that must've forgot, let me refresh your memory.

Who is this guy Lomachenko again?
    Stopped reading here...

Comment

Lmfao. **** Lomachenko. Young Roy never lost to salido level fighters.

Loma is not even on rigo's level.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Well, tonight we find out if Lomachenko warrants the hype
        I love stupid posts like this. (sarcasm)

Yea, a guy is all of the sudden hype if he loses to a really good fighter. Good fighters don't take losses or anything. It can't just be that the other guy was simply better that night, or a plethora of other reasons.

Comment

Roy Jones in his prime was really great and his chin was good too. I don't remember Jones ever being knocked down until Tarver knocked out an already past prime Jones. Different boxers have longer or shorter primes at different ages. Jones was unbeatable at 160, 168 and 175 for many years. Tarver was older than Jones but Tarver hit his prime at a much older age. Loma is a great boxer but he has only had a hand full of pro fights and shouldn't be compared with the legendary Jones at this early time in his career. He has a long way to go to even get close to the dominance Roy had over his competition for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Roy Jones in his prime was really great and his chin was good too. I don't remember Jones ever being knocked down until Tarver knocked out an already past prime Jones. Different boxers have longer or shorter primes at different ages. Jones was unbeatable at 160, 168 and 175 for many years. Tarver was older than Jones but Tarver hit his prime at a much older age. Loma is a great boxer but he has only had a hand full of pro fights and shouldn't be compared with the legendary Jones at this early time in his career. He has a long way to go to even get close to the dominance Roy had over his competition for many years.
            he was dropped by lou de valle

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              I love stupid posts like this. (sarcasm)

Yea, a guy is all of the sudden hype if he loses to a really good fighter. Good fighters don't take losses or anything. It can't just be that the other guy was simply better that night, or a plethora of other reasons.
              The last good pressure fighter he fought beat him in Salido, Walters is an all around better fighter than Salido, so this one is more indicative if the hype is warranted.

It's bad enough people are talking about a Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Y'all musta forgot

Comment

How about link to the article before you go on your little rant against said article?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    ones got a chin, one hasnt...

Comment

Originally posted by ////
                      of all the fighters to compare him to why roy?

lomachenko is the most technical fighter (ACTUALLY technical, lateral inside mover, not a runner/clock waster) in years and roy is famous for overcoming his wild technique with his natural speed/reflexes

where does the comparison come from?
                      It's a lack of knowledge of the sport mixed with immaturity and an addiction to trolling.

More puzzling still is the fact that there are actually people in here taking this thread seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X