Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Gilberto Ramirez @ 168 lbs, how this fight plays out ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
    GGG kills this kid. He does'nt use his height and reach very well. His jab is lackluster at best. He rarely changes level or pace with it. He wastes a lot of energy with upper body movement that appears to serve no real purpose. He keeps his hands up well when he is stalking but when he attacks and brings his hands back he does'nt protect his chin. He is a sucker for a mid range uppercut which GGG is excellent at throwing. Add to that, contrary to what one guy posted, Ramirez is'nt an inside fighter. He likes to sit at mid range and lead with power shots throwing the occasional ****ty jab. That is GGG's wheel house.

GGG would absolutely manhandle this kid with his jab and destroy him with left hooks to the body and head. GGG could literally whip this kid with three punches. Ramirez has some talent, but I don't see how anyone can look at his fights and think he is any kind of threat to GGG.
    This is all nice, but Ramirez is used to suppermiddleweight power and should really be fighting at light heavy. He can afford a few mistakes just like Golovkin who is far from perfect defensively. And Golovkin's uppercut is extremely slow, never seen him be really successful with it. It all comes down to whether or not Golovkin will be able to intimidate Ramirez with his power, which I don't think he can. And don't talk to me about his super human power, even if Golovkin was able to break Brook's welterweight frame, he still retired on his feet and knockdown less. Think about that for a second.

Comment

Working...
    X