No announcement yet.

Robeisy Ramirez vs Rigondeaux and Lomachenko in the amateurs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robeisy Ramirez vs Rigondeaux and Lomachenko in the amateurs

All three all time great amateurs Lomachenko won gold at FW and LW a bit higher than Rigo who won at Bantamweight twice and of course Ramirez who just won his second at BW as well.

All three are not that far apart in weight really and don't have much of a height difference with Rigo being the shortest.

These hypothetical matches would display imo the highest level of skill there is in boxing.

How would these fights play out?

thats a hard one.......I'd say Ramirez has his best chance with lamochenko. i say thats probably 50/50

rigo.

rigo hits too hard and accurate and knows Ramirez's style him being cuban. ramirez's style probably is nothing he hasn't seen in cuba before.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
      thats a hard one.......I'd say Ramirez has his best chance with lamochenko. i say thats probably 50/50

rigo.

rigo hits too hard and accurate and knows Ramirez's style him being cuban. ramirez's style probably is nothing he hasn't seen in cuba before.
      I hear you i feel Ramirez v Lomachenko would be the better fight both guys super skilled but like to mix it up every now and then.

Rigo is just such a nightmare to fight but Ramirez speed and skill might be able to trouble rigo.

Comment

No way of knowing, they fought different people at different times. Any guess is as good as another.

Comment

Im a huge Ramirez fan, but honestly it was just unfair when Loma and Rigo were in the ams. They were much more dominant, not just in the Olympics but in the world championships too.

Maybe Ramirez can go on to be that kind of fighter, but we havent seen it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Im a huge Ramirez fan, but honestly it was just unfair when Loma and Rigo were in the ams. They were much more dominant, not just in the Olympics but in the world championships too.

Maybe Ramirez can go on to be that kind of fighter, but we havent seen it yet
            Those downs were more due to motivational issues then actual lack of skill.

Ramirez is already there as far as accomplishments go and he's doing it at a younger age than Rigo and Loma.

Comment

Prime Rigo dusts both of them, but especially Ramirez. Remember nobody in the states who followed Rigo once he turned pro ever saw Rigo in his prime. Those prime years where long gone, but replaced by the experience of having fought literally every style out there.

Comment

IMO, Loma wins against both.

Rigo has no chin whatsoever, and would get stopped by Loma easier than some people think.

The reach advantage Loma would have on Rigo, and his excellent range-control would see Rigo having trouble finding his accuracy. He'd eventually walk into something, and Loma would finish him.

Robiesky, I can't say for sure because haven't seen him in the pros, but I thinks style-wise, he'd lose to both Rigo, and Loma.

Comment

Working...
                X