No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kieran Farrell Suffers a Brain Bleed But on The Mend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kieran Farrell Suffers a Brain Bleed But on The Mend

Kieran Farrell is being kept in hospital overnight after collapsing in the ring following his English lightweight title defeat to former British champion Anthony Crolla at Manchester's Bowler's Arena; Farrell lost the 10-round fight by unanimous decision. The Heywood-based boxer started brightly and his high work rate worked in his favour in the early going. Crolla, though, landed the better quality punches in a fight that was keenly fought, but swung in the 26-year-old's favour after the fourth round and it stayed that way despite Farrell's all-out attacks. [Click Here To Read More]

God! I wish him well and hope for a speedy recovery. Another sobering reminder of how high the stakes are every time a fighter steps through the ropes.

Comment

You know how many times I've heard that nonsense about bleeds? How many times I've personally seen it disproved?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        You know how many times I've heard that nonsense about bleeds? How many times I've personally seen it disproved?
        Idk, elaborate on your point..

Comment

I've always said that the devastating knockout is usually easier to take than a 10 or 12 round pounding to a decision loss. Some guys don't even know they've been down or out, while it's hard to shake a lot of lighter shots and getting roughed up. I hope he gets better soon, but his career should end here.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Idk, elaborate on your point..
            It's just a quote from a movie. This article reminded me of it.

Comment

What a classy guy Crolla is in winning this fight when he said not to celebrate but main thing is that Kierans ok

Comment

damn...like dude a few posts above said, just a reminder of how brutal the sport is....just makes me feel like a chump for bashing fighters when I feel a certain way....not cool at all!!...get well Kieran!!

Comment

A reminder to all those who think PEDs or loaded gloves aren't that big of a deal - this is what can happen even when clean fighters box.

Best wishes to the bloke.

Comment

Ah this is not good. Damn, wish him well and hope he gets better.

Reminds me of the spanish from that little ESPN documentary. Sad stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X