Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Vasyl Lomachenko compared to Rigondeaux vs Nonito Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Vasyl Lomachenko compared to Rigondeaux vs Nonito Donaire

Is the size difference between Guillermo Rigondeaux and Vasyl Lomachenko greater than the size difference between Guillermo Rigondeaux and Nonito Donaire?

I've seen Guillermo Rigondeaux's press conference against both Nonito Donaire and Vasyl Lomachenko and compared them. It appeared as if both Nonito Donaire and Vasyl Lomachenko are practically the same size. Therefore, Rigondeaux doesn't look like he is facing a bigger disadvantage against Lomachenko than he already did against Nonito Donaire. Therefore, if Lomachenko wins, Lomachenko's size advantage ALONE can't be attributed to why Lomachenko won since Rigondeaux managed to overcome the same size disadvantage against Nonito Donaire and beat him. Thus, Lomachenko's win should instead be attributed to size + skills instead of purely size.

What do y'all think?
    Neither (he faced / faces the same weight disadvantage against both)
    16.67%
    Against Nonito Donaire
    16.67%
    Against Vasyl Lomachenko
    66.67%

Loma's gonna rehydrate

Comment

Lomachenko rehydrated to 138 in his last fight i believe. Donaire didn't weigh anywhere near that.

Comment

lomo is slightly taller then donaire. but he weighs a lot more. I.E. he's certainly bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
          Is the size difference between Guillermo Rigondeaux and Vasyl Lomachenko greater than the size difference between Guillermo Rigondeaux and Nonito Donaire?

I've seen Guillermo Rigondeaux's press conference against both Nonito Donaire and Vasyl Lomachenko and compared them. It appeared as if both Nonito Donaire and Vasyl Lomachenko are practically the same size. Therefore, Rigondeaux doesn't look like he is facing a bigger disadvantage against Lomachenko than he already did against Nonito Donaire. Therefore, if Lomachenko wins, Lomachenko's size advantage ALONE can't be attributed to why Lomachenko won since Rigondeaux managed to overcome the same size disadvantage against Nonito Donaire and beat him. Thus, Lomachenko's win should instead be attributed to size + skills instead of purely size.

What do y'all think?
          Both Donaire and Rigo have a 68 inch reach and Lom's reach is 65.5. That is a disadvantage for Lom and is part of the whole size equation. And a lighter fighter often has a speed advantage. This fight will be won by the fighter either with the greater skills or the one with the better game plan on the given night, or the one who has to adjust or re-adjust if he falls behind. 50/50 in my book.
          Last edited by richardt; 12-09-2017, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Donaire if Loma has a rehydration limit placed on him.

Comment

I don't think the size and weight disparity will much of an impact in the fight. Donaire looked really big compared to Rigondeaux but it didn't matter because he had the skill advantage. Rigondeaux will have a reach advantage against Lomachenko. Looking at the weigh in Rigondeaux's muscles appeared to be a lot thicker so he put the weight on the right way. Kinda like the way Hopkins moved up to 175. I think this is going to be a good fight with a lot people being surprised by the outcome.

Comment

Working...
              X