Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBA needs to make Pacquiao the super champion!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
    And whats gonna happen after the final of WBSS.. by their own rulers gassiev should be a super champion as he holds more than one belt. So once he or usyk wins.. they'll be super. they'll promote interim to regular or have Arsen fight the #1 for the regular belt.. and then bet your ass they'll sanction #2 and #3 for an interim title afterwards.

Greedy cu-nts
    Even worse, I'm pretty sure both Usyk AND Gassiev have stated they plan to move up to HW after the tournament. So WBA will have a vacant Super and vacant Regular that they can get many fees out of.

As much as I love the CW division right now, once those two move up, they're immediately top 5 HW's (in all honesty, I don't think anyone at HW beats them. Sure, Wilder can get lucky with the right hand, but a punchers chance is all anyone has)

(Maybe Fury if he gets in shape and is pre binge Fury)

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      I believe they changed their rules for the Super(again) AFAIK currently the only requirement is that you defend 5 times.... although as we have seen they freely ignore this as they see fit. Nowhere in the revised rules from Sofia does it state that the Super championship can be earned by unifying although this was of course the original purpose of the super title. Interestingly there is now a special 'unified' title awarded by the WBA to go alongside the 3 or 4 other world titles they offer, although it seems to attract very little attention.
      Yeah i hear ya, and i had a good LOL at this one..

In exceptional circumstances, the Championships
      Committee and the President may designate a Champion (other than an Interim Champion) as a
      Super Champion. The President and Committee may establish criteria for a Super Championship.

Roughly translates to

When we give someone the super belt, and for whatever reason they arent defending it.. we have the right to promote someone else into that position cos we want sanctioning fees from 3 belts and cant get that if our super champion isnt fighting and we only have a reg and an interim.
      we are money hungry sluts.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        (...)

The WBA meanwhile has 3 Cruiserweight champions right now, and no Super champion.

WBA Regular Champion - Murat Gassiev
        WBA Champion in Recess - Denis Lebedev
        WBA Interim Champion - Arsen Goulamirian

(...)
        ... nope: WBA has Gassiev as "super", but doesn't have a "regular"... (go check on the website...)

Comment

Let him get a tune up then Pac (he may just want to cash out and this would give him a PPV fight). Sucks that the fighters that want to be active champions keep getting ducked. Pac vs Khan will probably be next, and we won't ever get the Brook fight until no one wants to see it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Even worse, I'm pretty sure both Usyk AND Gassiev have stated they plan to move up to HW after the tournament. So WBA will have a vacant Super and vacant Regular that they can get many fees out of.

As much as I love the CW division right now, once those two move up, they're immediately top 5 HW's (in all honesty, I don't think anyone at HW beats them. Sure, Wilder can get lucky with the right hand, but a punchers chance is all anyone has)

(Maybe Fury if he gets in shape and is pre binge Fury)
            It's not like it'll take them long to get belt shots either haha.. whoever wins becomes undisputed at the weight and by virtue of the WBO becomes automatic for a shot when they move up weight from being CW champion.

Soo... it could be Usyk or Gssiev vs either Povetkin, wilder or AJ.

time cant roll by quick enough now ive just realised this lol

Comment

Pac the near 40 year old's body appears to be more intact than the younger Thurman, lol. Too funny. At least Pac fights once per year, not even that Thurman can accomplish.

Comment

If Thurman comes back it'll be at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                  thurman is not coming back there aren't even any rumors of him coming back like who is he fighting what date ect its a joke! thurman had to give up the wbc belt due to inactivity. time for that joke of an orginazation called the wba to do the right thing. Strip keith and make PAC the super champion and get rid of the multiple belts!
                  Sure, make him the super champ and offer Thurman a title shot if he ever comes back.

Comment

You’re still asking wba to get rid of all their belts lol. Not gonna happen. Even if they strip Thurman when he comes back they’ll prob make his next fight for a new belt

Comment

Thurman will retire.

Comment

Working...
                      X