Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linares and Oscar De La Hoya wants no parts of Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was obvious it was gunna go this way when Showtime announced Garcias next fight was with them, also Campbell ducked his WBC ranking and went the WBA route. Linares likes the money hes getting from the UK, Hearn sets them up Linares knocks them down

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Was obvious it was gunna go this way when Showtime announced Garcias next fight was with them, also Campbell ducked his WBC ranking and went the WBA route. Linares likes the money hes getting from the UK, Hearn sets them up Linares knocks them down
      I thought Showtime buying the Crolla-Linares II fight meant Linares was next for sure. HBO ain't investing money in Linaes and his promoter is with HBO.

I just found out he went the WBA route. This shit is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I thought Showtime buying the Crolla-Linares II fight meant Linares was next for sure. HBO ain't investing money in Linaes and his promoter is with HBO.

I just found out he went the WBA route. This shit is weak.
        Didnt realise Crolla/Linares was shown on Showtime, does seem like they expected to make Garcia/Linares, but lets not forget Oscars involved, make as much money as you can before doing anything dangerous

Comment

He's at the fight scouting Luke Campbell, smh. He'd rather fight Campbell, the WBC silver champion, than the WBC champion Garcia. This is what makes my box'd out like the other poster was talking about. Simple fights like this one and Lara-Andrade should be easy to make. Damn can we just get good fights? Showtime even bought the Linares-Crolla fight to show and set up a Linares-Garcia showdown. Showtime was invested in this fight and ready to make it happen. This is Oscar refusing to work with Haymon, no other reason. Just like Oscar refused to let Luis Ortiz fight a Haymon fighter on PBC. The only way Oscar works with him is if it's a B-side Haymon fighter fighting his A-side fighter on HBO.

HBO ain't even showing Linares fights. He's had to fight overseas twice in a row and if he fights Campbell it'll be overseas too. Dude has nothing going for him in the U.S. but he'd rather take these easy fights overseas than fight Garcia in America in California on Amerian TV.

Oscar De La Hoya is persona no grata with Showtime (doubly so after the bull**** that he pulled in walking out on the Alvarez deal) and Mikey Garcia is basically a Showtime fighter at this point.

You add that it's still a tough fight, and it's obvious that Golden Boy is going to explore all of their options before making the move.

Linares has the WBA belt, free and clear, and Linares doesn't really have a TV partner anywhere. If Eddie Hearn can offer Linares vs Luke Campbell, for a major event in the UK (likely paired with a Sky Box Office event), Oscar will take it.

If none of that manifests, Oscar will bite his tongue, Mikey Garcia will have Richard Schaefer promoting the event, and Linares will risk a short fight on Mikey Garcia's terms.

Comment

Lol of course not. Oscar has to protect what little value he has right now. What is gbp without canelo? Linares is prob number 2

Comment

Whats going on with the WBC mandating Linares vs. Garcia to solidify the 135 strap? Last time I checked they allowed Linares to unify but afterwards he had to face the winner of Garcia vs. Zlat.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Whats going on with the WBC mandating Linares vs. Garcia to solidify the 135 strap? Last time I checked they allowed Linares to unify but afterwards he had to face the winner of Garcia vs. Zlat.
                I don't understand what's going on with that situation. Now Linares has the WBA belt.

Comment

I don't understand what's going on with that situation. Now Linares has the WBA belt.
                  The WBA dont change what the WBC mandated for their title but if Linares refuses then he probably is going to get stripped considering they have given him so much privilege as far as unifying and keeping him as champion in recess instead of fighting his mando Zlat.

Anyways Mikey can pressure the WBC or move on.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    The WBA dont change what the WBC mandated for their title but if Linares refuses then he probably is going to get stripped considering they have given him so much privilege as far as unifying and keeping him as champion in recess instead of fighting his mando Zlat.

Anyways Mikey can pressure the WBC or move on.
                    What type of WBC belt does Linares have?

Comment

What type of WBC belt does Linares have?
                      Get this the 'Diamond' belt -- its like the WBA 'Super' belt...kinda like how Danny Jacobs held the WBA regular but sooner or later the WBA had to mandate GGG and him to consolidate the title. Yep last time I check on the WBC site they said the winner of Zlat got Linares...keep in mind Zlat only became champion because Linares got injured and then instead of stripping Linares made him champion in recess.

This also gave them dibs on sanctioning the Linares-Crolla match as they declared it a unification for the 'Diamond' belt. hahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                      X