Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mayweather or Hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better resume: Mayweather or Hopkins???

Bernard Hopkins: 52-6-2 (32 KO's). 4x Middleweight champ & 1x Light Heavyweight champ. 1x Lineal Middleweight champ & 2x Lineal Light Heavyweight champ.

Wins over Segundo Mercado, John David Jackson, Glen Johnson, Keith Holmes, Felix Trinidad, Carl Daniels, Williams Joppy, Robert Allen, Oscar De La Hoya, Howard Eastman, Antonio Tarver, Winky Wright, Kelly Pavlik, and Jean Pascal.

Floyd Mayweather Jr: 43-0 (26 KO's). 1x Super Featherweight champ, 1x Lightweight champ, 1x Light Welterweight champ, 3x Welterweight champ, & 2x Light Middleweight champ. 1x Lineal Super Featherweight champ, 1x Lineal Lightweight champ, & 1x Lineal Welterweight champ.

Wins over Genaro Hernandez, Angel Manfredy, Gregorio Vargas, Diego Corrales, Carlos Hernandez, Jesus Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo, DeMarcus Corley, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Juan Manuel Marquez, Shane Mosley, Victor Ortiz, and Miguel Cotto.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr
    38.94%
    Bernard Hopkins
    61.06%

The poll is expired.

Unfortunately I think this poll will be decided by whichever fighter is the more disliked.

I think Mayweathers list of wins is considerably better, but Hopkins' run at middleweight evens it up.

Still think Mayweather edges it.

Comment

Hopkins has a better Resume than anyone in boxing right now, I don't care who you are or how popular you are or how many fans you have or the PPV that you sell, B-Hop has a better resume than all these made up guys, and I don't really care too much for him.

Comment

Could you imagine Hopkins not wanting to fight Trinidad because he was too dangerous, or Pascal because he was too big? Neither could I!

Comment

Can't imagine Hopkins looking for weight draining tactics before he feels confident enough to get in the ring with you.

Comment

Mayweather.

Comment

I think Hopkins dominating 160 with 20 successful sefenses from age 30 to age 40 tops Mayweather jumping from weight class to weight class and picking his fights and fighting only once a year in the last five years. Hopkins has scored some great wins even being well past forty years old and I don't think Floyd could do that. Floyd has a great resume but Hopkins has a better one in my opinion.

Comment

Sorry about the typo. Hopkins had 20 successful defenses at 160. Floyd was great at 130 with 8 defenses but never really ruled any other weight class. To be a great champion you have to defend your tittle more than once a year and not retire until you need some money.

Comment

Hopkins is definitely my pick. i have always been partial to fighters who can fight at the highest leve, with successl for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I think Hopkins dominating 160 with 20 successful sefenses from age 30 to age 40 tops Mayweather jumping from weight class to weight class and picking his fights and fighting only once a year in the last five years. Hopkins has scored some great wins even being well past forty years old and I don't think Floyd could do that. Floyd has a great resume but Hopkins has a better one in my opinion.
                    Yeah, but against who exactly? People put to much stock into B-Hop's 20 MW defenses. I'm not saying it wasn't a good accomplishment but really analyze the fighters he fought in his reign.

Comment

Working...
                    X