No announcement yet.

Drug testing In mma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug testing In mma

Is this a big deal like in boxing where they get tested? I say this bc of guys like lesnar who used to be a wrestler and wrestle are well known roid users. Just looking at his physique I wouldnt be surprised.

I'm sure they some people do use roids, but the same athletic commission that tests boxers tests mma fighters as well. Fael Sonnen got popped for roids after he lost to Silva. I believe they test in all title fights, then Random test several guys throughout the card....

Comment

It's as bad as boxing IMO. A lot of fighters could be using drugs during training and then stopping by fight time in order to pass the tests.

Comment

I think it seems like it is is probably worse than boxing.

In any case, the testing regimes for boxing/MMA are well known to be grossly inadequate, and also much laxer than those of other sports.

Reem-Brock is a nice roid-circus of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
          Is this a big deal like in boxing where they get tested? I say this bc of guys like lesnar who used to be a wrestler and wrestle are well known roid users. Just looking at his physique I wouldnt be surprised.
          it's the same as boxing, at least in the us. Same commissions same tests.

It's just so easy for cheats to stay ahead of the curve.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp
            Thats why I ask no way they get the way they are on pure training. Especially lesnar.
            especially reem. Hes just not at all built to carry this much muscles. His whole bonestructure looks tiny compared to lesnar.

But both are obviously roiding. No doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp
              Thats why I ask no way they get the way they are on pure training. Especially lesnar.
              The speed of Reem's weight gain is also extremely suspicious. He's obviously naturally a physical speciment, and from what I have seen, he does seem to take his training extremely seriously, and that includes his weight training. However, there simply is a limmit to the amount of lean muscle you can pack on over a given period of time. It seems unlikely to me that he is not on roids and/or HGH. Lesnar is obviously one with a history of roiding and HGH use (he was even arrested for HGH once, though the charges were dropped because HGH was (is?) not illegal).

And he is in my sig, but I mostly just like the picture (though I am a little bit of a fan).

Comment

Working...
              X