Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Warns Warren: Fury Will Never Get 50-50 Split For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    What is this charity?Life isn’t fair! Joshua is the bigger draw and has the belts.

Let me guess if Wilder fights Miller it should be 50/50 because they are from the same country? What’s the point of getting a belt if you can’t differentiate yourself from your peers in a monetary sense when negotiating?
    Remember Tyson Fury held those titles first. He is the lineal champion who never lost his heavyweight crown in the ring. Joshua on the other hand, stolen his crown/titles off an old, washed up and shot 41 year old Wladimir Klitschko.

Comment

I'm not defending Joshua's record or attacking Wilder's (or vice versa) - I'm completely on the fence with this one - don't bat for either guy (although I think Hearn is a snake, don't know enough about the Wilder promotion team to say the same about them, but likely no different).

A reasonable indicator (just as an eyeball test) is to look at how many of the opponents are/were Ring top 10 when they fought them. I can't be bothered to look at past top 10s to see who was and wasn't at time of fighting, but Joshua has fought the current Ring numbers 3, 5, 6 and 8. Four out of nine (missing ones are Fury, Wilder, Ortiz, Kownacki, Miller)

Wilder has fought number 4 (Ortiz). One out of nine.

I guess you can call Joshua's opponents bums if your definition is 'not Wilder or Fury', but that's about it, then by extension the heavyweight scene currently has no depth beyond the three main players. And lets face it, Fury may or may not be back, so some doubt there, but conclusion ends up as 'all bums except Wilder and Joshua, and of those, xxxxxx is a bum too' (insert name to suit your bias). Hardly a convincing argument there !

Comment

No one wants to see that fight anyway

The croaky ***** could put a glass eye to sleep

Joshua wilder would be a lot better scrap to watch

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Remember Tyson Fury held those titles first. He is the lineal champion who never lost his heavyweight crown in the ring. Joshua on the other hand, stolen his crown/titles off an old, washed up and shot 41 year old Wladimir Klitschko.
          Good lord, over 3 years ago. Time waits for no man.

Joshua won the WBA belt fighting Klitschko and even at 41 was a better fighter than Stiverne who Wilder won the belt of. Joshua acquired the other 2 belts fighting 2 undefeated champions.

Listen I won’t downplay this Lineal belt as regardless of the state of boxer it means something to you and why shouldn’t it as your man will be fighting for it in December.

I for one when Wilder wins will not be using the excuse that Fury was a shadow of himself. It’s not your fault and a win is a win.

Good luck in securing / confirming your place as 2nd best fighter on the planet.. meow

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
            We do it as a joke, Hearn and his fighters are well aware of this which is why his fighters always ask the crowd what they think of Eddie. It's a bit of a pantomime villain type thing - we're a strange lot really.

As for Hearn himself, we don't hate him any more than any other Boxing promoter. Everyone knows that it's Promoter's greed that prevents or delays more big fights than anything else.
            I listened to his lengthy interview with talksport after the Povetkin fight and he really is just a regular bloke and boxing fan, was refreshing to hear him being so candid and not putting on his promoter's hat while doing it.

Comment

Good lord, over 3 years ago. Time waits for no man.

Joshua won the WBA belt fighting Klitschko and even at 41 was a better fighter than Stiverne who Wilder won the belt of. Joshua acquired the other 2 belts fighting 2 undefeated champions.

Listen I won’t downplay this Lineal belt as regardless of the state of boxer it means something to you and why shouldn’t it as your man will be fighting for it in December.

I for one when Wilder wins will not be using the excuse that Fury was a shadow of himself. It’s not your fault and a win is a win.

Good luck in securing / confirming your place as 2nd best fighter on the planet.. meow
              I am sorry Anthony but it doesn't work that way. Your guy Joshua is too afraid of getting his ass whooped. How can he be considered the number one guy without taking on all challengers?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                I am sorry Anthony but it doesn't work that way. Your guy Joshua is too afraid of getting his ass whooped. How can he be considered the number one guy without taking on all challengers?
                Who else can it be then? How can Wilder be considered number 1 without beating the number 1 ranked guy or number 3 for that matter?

Comment

Who else can it be then? How can Wilder be considered number 1 without beating the number 1 ranked guy or number 3 for that matter?
                  I consider Deontay Wilder as the best Heavyweight in the world today; Resume can be damned. He is not the one who is ducking but the alleged number 1 ranked guy is because he lacks self confidence. Personally, I can't wait to see him lose because he is currently holding the heavyweight championship and titles hostage by hiding, ducking and avoiding certain opponents that the public wants to see him fight.

Comment

82,000 people bro you want to critique that number, really? Find a better angle please

Like i said with you like or Not aj AND eh need to cough up the money 50-50 or no deal and they will never earn the respect of true boxing fans.

The facts he turned down $50 millon and then offer $15 millon to Wilder, you could have Mayweather and he be Amir Khan do you think he would take, yet alone a undfeatured Heavyweight champion

KNOW YOUR WORTH - You all upset has Wilder has done brillant coup getting the Lineal champion to face him so soon. Regardless if he wins or losses they can have a rematch whilst AJ gets to go the TOP rank with in house fighters how very original his dad Barry done the same with Chris Eubanks Gary Stretch, Ray Close all pointless fights but in the same promotional camp. Talked about fight Roy Jones, yet never happend

Comment

Originally posted by trippers1 View Post
                      Strange how recently Barry hearn is the one doing the talking. He probably realises everyone thinks eddies a twat and to blame for the wilder fight not happening.
                      What people are just starting to realise is this greedy senile old twat has more input than most thought.This idiot is responsible for Joshua swerving Wilder .....'it should marinade for two years' he said!......I wish he 'd p.. off and marinade for good and for the good of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X