Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 09-23-2018, 08:43 PM #21
Winning

Quoted: 627 Post(s)
EdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 9,996.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Yea I couldn't disagree more with this & think your being extremely naive. We can't even make deals with our own species to avoid killing each other over resources alot of the time.

I mean the US & other more powerful countries take advantage of lesser countries on Earth. Imagine how few f#cks a more intelligent & superior species from another planet would treat us.

Probably not unlike how the Indians got treated back in the day.
well see thats the thing, a more advanced and intelligent species would perhaps be a lot better than us at maintaining peace and diplomacy. Call it naive, but there is a reason they haven't already invaded us.....
EdWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:43 AM #22
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 16919 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,365.65
Total Points: 53,588.87
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWins View Post
well see thats the thing, a more advanced and intelligent species would perhaps be a lot better than us at maintaining peace and diplomacy. Call it naive, but there is a reason they haven't already invaded us.....
Maybe a species gets loses patience with inferior creatures when its smarter than us. Whats the proof one gets more peace-like & hippie-ish? Maybe a superior species gets rid of the weaker among them to insure the species is stronger moving forward. Maybe they treat outside parties the same to keep their species pure & to avoid any stances that could conflict with their goals.

Again I think you're being naive about why an alien race would be coming here. Maybe they f#cked up their planet & need a new one. Maybe Earth is the Africa of the universe & they are coming here to pick up some slaves for inexpensive labor on their home planet. Maybe their hungry & we are the caviar of this solar system to them.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:30 AM #23
Contender

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
TripleJ is just really niceTripleJ is just really niceTripleJ is just really niceTripleJ is just really nice
Total Points: 7,452.66

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ben View Post
I was watching this show where this man was hunting foxes to sell their skins.

And I started thinking, there are those, for various reasons, who think humans have the right to kill animals for things like there fur or tusks. But , what if there was an advanced alien civilization, who fancied themselves, for whatever reason, vastly superior to humans. And what if they began to hunt and kill human beings in order to kill us and sell our skins, which on their world was worth a lot of money (or the equivalent thereof).

What would make these aliens entitled to slaughter us so that they could sell our skins? If we couldn't stop them (let's say that they had weaponry far superior to ours and were vastly more intelligent or these aliens were like a race of Supermen) would that entitle them to be able to hunt and kill us to sell our skins on their world? Would might make right?

Why or why not?
If you're purely talking about this hypothetical, there's nothing stopping a more powerful race of aliens enforcing their will on us. If you're talking about killing an animal for one part of their body that's irresponsible. But if you're bridging this to equate it to humans hunting animals responibly like deer, bear, foxes or whatever to eat the meat and use other parts available I have to disagree.

Unless someone uses absolutely no animal products in their life they have no leg to stand on to disparage responsible hunting. I find the people who will eat meat or wear leather products who will also scoff at hunters pretty suspect because you're still complicit in the mass killing of animals, not only that you're supporting it with your own time and money. Hunters are at least taking responsibility for the life of the animal they're going to eat, and that's arguably the most humane way for that animal to die, not eaten alive by a pack of wolves or slow death of an injury, disease or starvation. I don't want this to sound like a rant, but consider it another thought experiment. Who had the better life? The cow in a slaughter house or the deer who lived in the wild where he was supposed to before both were killed?
TripleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:37 AM #24
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 884 Post(s)
DreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDreamerUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 8,674.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle ben View Post
I was watching this show where this man was hunting foxes to sell their skins.

And I started thinking, there are those, for various reasons, who think humans have the right to kill animals for things like there fur or tusks. But , what if there was an advanced alien civilization, who fancied themselves, for whatever reason, vastly superior to humans. And what if they began to hunt and kill human beings in order to kill us and sell our skins, which on their world was worth a lot of money (or the equivalent thereof).

What would make these aliens entitled to slaughter us so that they could sell our skins? If we couldn't stop them (let's say that they had weaponry far superior to ours and were vastly more intelligent or these aliens were like a race of Supermen) would that entitle them to be able to hunt and kill us to sell our skins on their world? Would might make right?

Why or why not?
When an advanced civilization comes in contact with a less advanced civilization it never goes well for the less advanced civilization. It is simply the nature of things. So unless a space ship shows up, from a planet full of Ghandi types, we are ****ed.
DreamerUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:23 PM #25
Winning

Quoted: 627 Post(s)
EdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,996.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Maybe a species gets loses patience with inferior creatures when its smarter than us. Whats the proof one gets more peace-like & hippie-ish? Maybe a superior species gets rid of the weaker among them to insure the species is stronger moving forward. Maybe they treat outside parties the same to keep their species pure & to avoid any stances that could conflict with their goals.

Again I think you're being naive about why an alien race would be coming here. Maybe they f#cked up their planet & need a new one. Maybe Earth is the Africa of the universe & they are coming here to pick up some slaves for inexpensive labor on their home planet. Maybe their hungry & we are the caviar of this solar system to them.
lol lay off the science fiction bruh
EdWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:16 PM #26
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 16919 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,365.65
Total Points: 53,588.87
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWins View Post
lol lay off the science fiction bruh
The question is science fiction lol, or up til an alien race does come here, but to think we are gonna have a bunch of "Ghandi's" land one day as Dreamer mentioned is naive in this sci-fi question.

The history of stronger, more intelligent & better armed groups coming into contact with weaker, less intelligent & lesser armed groups is not a pleasant one.

I've seen no evidence there is some minimum intelligence reached that makes you good enough to reason with. And I'd argue thats what we show til this day cuz the US itself is killing people in countries over minor disagreements over resources or religious opinions or other random sh^t.

If we can't even agree on our own planet I think we are f#cked & it might be in the best interest of another species to take us out cuz of our nature of betrayal with ourselves that suggests even if they are a "Ghandi" species we might attempt to f#ck them over.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:34 PM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Rapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 9,562.00
Cool poster (GL on our bet) - eddie_monster Happy Easter babe :) :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for the help bro! - Camp Beast 1k - rorymac you made my day with that sig....lmao - Alx. 
you made my day with that sig....lmao - Alx. your sig...Lmao!...beer on me... - jose830 Thanks! - FeFist nice albums! i will be paying random visits :D - jose830 LOL @ your sig, heres a cookie from someones picnic basket i looted - Yogi Bear 
Long time man, im not around so much anymore, but here is a beer my brethren - chav Your the man bro - torosboxing75 you got a good sense of humor that's what's up! - -jose- My Man.. - PorterIsFuture 

I'd make a guess that human skin is a rubbish material for making jackets or we would have been wearing them already.
Rapid Counter is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
experiment, thought

User Tag List