Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Canelo vs. Charlo Status To Be Clarified at Convention

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I'll be surprised if WBC guy makes Charlo up next.

He's getting that sexy Canelo sanctioning fee now. He's gonna milk that a lil.

And he don't wanna make Canelo mad again like with a lot of this GGG sh^t early on that lead to Canelo saying "f#ck the WBC belt" more or less.

Earliest Charlo gets his already earned shot will be within 12 months I'd bet.
    Nelo won't fight in dec. with that cut....so in the meantime Jermall vs golovkin next!

Comment

• This automatically gets Charlo a Canelo fight if he wins or is super competitive

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        It's the only card Oscar has to play. And damn good one at that.

I expect Showtime and Dazn to be the main suitors. I don't think ESPN has the budget to give him the $150M+ I suspect will come his way.
        Plus could you imagine the money if Charlo wins. For the rematch? Canelo will defintiely have arematch clause or two or 3 !!! lol!

Comment

• Canelo hasn't fought a top fighter is in his 20s since trout and since then, Trout has been exposed as a high level gate keeper for the better fighters in the division. I don't see charlo getting a Canelo fight until maybe 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirus View Post
            GGG won twice. But no one can win giftnelo in las vegas
            Triple Flop stole 2 decisions....1st Jacobs then Nelo out boxes him & then Nelo beat the "Mexican Style" out of him....LMMFAO!

Jermall vs golovkin!

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Nelo won't fight in dec. with that cut....so in the meantime Jermall vs golovkin next!
              Common Razor GGG cut was worse and his body needs time to rest. Charlo against Monroe i guess. If Charlo really wants a title shot he needs to beat the eternal 160 gate keeper Lemeiuex. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                One trend I've noticed over the years on these boards is:

1. The over-hyping of young non-black fighters, who show just a little promise (i.e. Munguia, a young and tough but very flawed fighter) but have no bodies to support the hype. Another great example is that bum Lemeuix (who's has literally lost to a career sparring partner); and

2. the down playing of black fighters who have been in the game for years with good wins and showing little signs of vulnerability. Examples include the Charlos, Hurd and Gary Russell (yes he lost you Loma, but that's like saying he lost to Floyd imo)

*Now before you all start crying victim mentality, you should know that I'm anything but that. (I can run my CV if that makes you feel better, but know I'm young and doing very very well and I'm highly credentialed.)

I usually try to avoid the race point but I'm just tired of seeing the same trends on here. Fans have to stop with the nonsense and start keeping this objective.

There's absolutely no logical reason why someone should think a true journeyman (and fairly low skilled fighter) like Lemeuix deserves a fight with Canelo and Charlo doesn't. That just screams of a double standard. What makes it worse in my opinion is the age of posters here. Most of you guys are late 30s or older and you still haven't come to a point in life where you can call things straight up.

Charlo is the only other guy at the weight besides Saunders and GGG who's been an actual champion and defended his belt. If he's not deserving, then who is? Lol
                Jermall vs golovkin next! LOL

Comment

• make it happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                    Plus could you imagine the money if Charlo wins. For the rematch? Canelo will defintiely have arematch clause or two or 3 !!! lol!
                    I'm just being patient. Whichever company wins Canelo, that will determine whether Charlo will ever get his shot.

Danny is on his last fight with HBO, so I think his team will look to follow Canelo wherever he lands. Saunders can fight anywhere but the new ESPN deal with Warren makes things more interesting.

I think it's safe to assume that GGG will be going to ESPN next. Bob has been scooping up his own affiliates (similar to Haymon's gang) to fill that ESPN calendar. I expect Loeffler to take that bag when it comes lol

Boxing is such a cluster ***** lol

Comment

• Force the fight what the hell has Charlo accomplished. Stop the racial BS. Charlo has not earned the fight because he has not earned it yet. Fight and beat a fellow black fighter like Jacobs and punch your ticket .

Comment

Working...
                      X