Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd admits some fighters gave him that work in sparring

Highlights:
    • Family are millionaires
    • Did a charity basketball game the day after walking down and stopping the Baddest Man on the Planet
    • Got worked by some fighters in sparring, went home and refocused to get better (Probably referring to Spadafora here)
    • Didn't think any of his opponents were "hard" - some punched hard, some were fast, none were hard (I don't agree. Augustus was a HARD fight for Floyd)

Maidana was absolutely a hard fight for him too, I don't think he enjoyed one bit of that, which is why it's commendable that he gave him the immediate rematch

Comment

Zab Judah gave Floyd a good run at it , infact Zab might’ve won more rounds than any fighter. Jose Luis Castillo 1 was a competitive and Maidana won maybe 4 rounds

Comment

Truly the GOAT TBE.

Smile like a proud dad watching his only son that made it.

Comment

Truly the GOAT TBE.

Smile like a proud dad watching his only son that made it.

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
            Zab Judah gave Floyd a good run at it , infact Zab might’ve won more rounds than any fighter. Jose Luis Castillo 1 was a competitive and Maidana won maybe 4 rounds
            One of the biggest myths in boxing history is Judah's performance vs Floyd. He did good for four rounds and won probably three of them. After he proceeded to get beat up the rest of the fight and barely landed anything. Cotto/Maidana1/JLC1/JLC2 were tougher fights. Then guys like Chavez and Augustus fights were more taxing on Floyd than Judah. DLH won probably four rounds but did little in the second half of the fight. Pacman got about three rounds.

But Floyd certainly didn't beat up other guys that I mentioned like he beat up Judah after the 4th round. Augustus took a beating, but at least he fired back.

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
              I had Zab winning 3 out of the first 4 and had Castillo winning their first fight.

Comment

Of course, sparring is meant to be challenging to sharpen your skills. Countless guys have given Floyd good work I'm sure, Morales, Spadafora, and Spence that we know of.
                Last edited by _original_; 08-04-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X