Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who uses right hooks from the orthodox stance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray what about rocky marciano's phantom overhand punch I know that you knew the Rock wasn't that overhand punch a right hook? I am a pro trainer and my fighter lost they're last fight because the old trainer had them throwing looping right hands and your right they have no power and are easy to block and counter. I have just took this fighter on a few weeks ago and we're learning the phantom punch was is your opinion on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Didn't Juliet Jackson use a right hook to behead herol graham..

Like I said before, it's best against an attacking opponent that in close, and that fight is a perfect example of it
      Holy crap, just looked that up, that was beautifully brutal. It did look like a right hook, but in all fairness, Jackson had divine power.

Comment

I wouldn't bother from distance, inside yeah sure.

Comment

Usually only throw right hooks to the body after 1 or 2 set up jabs. Kinda like how james toney did.

Comment

it works,mayweather does it all the time .. jab right hook to the body a couple times then jab and step in with the right hook to the head should work a treat...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Didn't Juliet Jackson use a right hook to behead herol graham..

Like I said before, it's best against an attacking opponent that in close, and that fight is a perfect example of it
              I've been sparring a lot lately, it can work on the outside- mid range honestly.

It can be good if you shoot a jab to the body and a jab upstairs, followed by a big right hook to the head.

I find that most of the time my opponent is expecting a right cross but instead the hook can get around their guard.

it can be effective.

Comment

no nevers and no always
                END THREAD.

Comment

Classic thread.

Comment

It's the least important punch for me but i still train it ofc. I never landed one, I've always preferred overhand or straight body to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X