No announcement yet.

Louis with an iron chin= H2H King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis with an iron chin= H2H King?

Would Louis with an iron chin be H2H King of the heavyweights? I feel that in his toughest fantasy match-ups it is his chin which seems to be the great equalizer for his opponents. How much more of Louis ranking H2H would be enhanced by an iron chin?
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    60.00%

I got Louis at #2 in my HW H2H list, and I don't think it would change if the had an iron jaw.
    He would lose to Ali with or without a great chin. However, he would definitely beat Mike Tyson if he got a hard chin, but without one, it's a 50/50 fight.
    All the rest of the HW would lose to a Prime Louis no matter what kind of chin he got IMO.

Comment

Louis was right there at 1A anyways and his chin was pretty good. His balance was sometimes bad but he wasn't badly hurt often.

Comment

JL did have a shaky jaw. He was floored by some folks who were not iron fisted. Ali would dance and UD him irrespective, but as stated against sledgehammer punchers like Tyson or even Foreman, his jaw lets him down.

Overall, he is a top 3 HW.

Tyson would win 50% of the time simply cos that B grade chin cant stand up to that power.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
          JL did have a shaky jaw. He was floored by some folks who were not iron fisted. Ali would dance and UD him irrespective, but as stated against sledgehammer punchers like Tyson or even Foreman, his jaw lets him down.

Tyson would win 50% of the time simply cos that B grade chin cant stand up to that power.
          Yes I believe that it is Louis's lack of chin that affects him the most in a match-up with Tyson if Louis had a chin I would be 99% confident that he'd win. I think Louis would beat Ali Iron Jaw or normal jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post

louis jaw was just fine. not cast iron, but not supect. if a HW gets hit flush by a good punching HW he is going down. especially in the tiny little gloves used in the 30's and 40's.

in a 70 fight career with a 12 year championship reign he was stopped a total of two times, once in his last fight against the great marciano and once early in his career to a hall of famer in his own right in schmelling.
            billeau2 billeau2 JAB5239 JAB5239 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              louis jaw was just fine. not cast iron, but not supect. if a HW gets hit flush by a good punching HW he is going down. especially in the tiny little gloves used in the 30's and 40's.

in a 70 fight career with a 12 year championship reign he was stopped a total of two times, once in his last fight against the great marciano and once early in his career to a hall of famer in his own right in schmelling.
              This.

Ive got a special place in my heart for the likes of dempsey and louis and im of the opinion that some guy similar in size to those guys is gonna come and take boxing by storm.
              The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Even with an Oliver McCall ability to absorb punches I fear that Louis would always struggle technically with the best heavyweight movers like Ali and Holmes.

But after that, its a struggle to think of someone who could beat a granite chinned Louis.........

Comment

His chin was fine, he needed better footwork/movement.
                  The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZzzz....... View Post
                    This.

Ive got a special place in my heart for the likes of dempsey and louis and im of the opinion that some guy similar in size to those guys is gonna come and take boxing by storm.

he wont be an american i'll bet

the athletic men of that size are playing basketball and football right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X