Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some people say its a cherry pick fighting a fighter moving up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    I don't think that was the exact argument, alot of people saw that Pac moved up in weight and lost no speed, reflex or strength, if anything he GAINED in every form.

That doesn't mean Ped's though, Roy Jones did the same-thing when he moved up to HW...but Roy has been linked to steroids before.

Then there was also the accusations and denying Peds testing, if Floyd, Marquez, or any of my favorites refused testing I would start pointing fingers too.
    I always wonder if if pacquiao was kinda weight drain and that is the reason he didn't look so good in the lower weight classes, he looked dry in a few pictures of him but that's my second option my first is he used some something to enhance his body but only because he till this day has not done any extra testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
      maybe it's bcoz ur used to fighting at that weight and the other isn't. there's this notion speed is lost and strength is hard to gain. so the lil' guy has everything against 'em in moving up
      Ok but would you call Cotto fighting Manny a cherry pick?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      Why doesn't Floyd move up to fight Martinez at 160, since all the little guys are moving up to fight Floyd.
      why does he have to??if he wants to sure would be great,love to see it.But does he have to??no..why doesnt Martinez move to 175 to fight Ward?? he started at 147 and is just in his 3rd weight class

Comment

Originally posted by cantor5150 View Post
        So Maidana moving away from 140 to 147 is also a cherry pick move to not fight in one of the hottest division in 140? Also Maidana stated he wants Paulie too is he cherry picking him like he did his past 2 opponents Karass and Martinez? By not wanting a rematch with Alexander or face a better named opponent in Thurman then Martinez?
        Maidana couldn't make 140 anymore and he is willing to fight anybody with a belt at 147. Alexander wouln't give him a rematch. Thurman fought as a WW only two of his last six fights and beating him doesn't mean he is getting a title shot either. Both Thurman and Maidana are too dangerous, GBP wouldn't let them fight their champions. Why give a title shot and this kid from 135 division? Also, let's not forget Chaves still is Malinaggi's mandatory. So a Broner fight doesn't make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
          why does he have to??if he wants to sure would be great,love to see it.But does he have to??no..why doesnt Martinez move to 175 to fight Ward?? he started at 147 and is just in his 3rd weight class
          Lame try again larry

Comment

Yet in the same breath say to be great you have to move up in weight?If you move up in weight and are a multi division champion how can anyone cherry pick you if you are in that division?
            Because they forgot to lube up before penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Lame try again larry
              how is that lame??in Martinez's 3rd division since he won the title he has not fought the 2nd or 3rd best middleweight.....Chavez was #4

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
                Maidana couldn't make 140 anymore and he is willing to fight anybody with a belt at 147. Alexander wouln't give him a rematch. Thurman fought as a WW only two of his last six fights and beating him doesn't mean he is getting a title shot either. Both Thurman and Maidana are too dangerous, GBP wouldn't let them fight their champions. Why give a title shot and this kid from 135 division? Also, let's not forget Chaves still is Malinaggi's mandatory. So a Broner fight doesn't make much sense.
                he said he felt better at 140 but it was a little difficult to make, and i cant remember if his trainer or manager convinced Maidana to try 147 again and not take a step back and go to 140, well betting him now is since Thurman is fighting for the spot to be the mando for Bradley's tittle. I do agree Maidana and Thurman are a bit dangerous, but I haven't read anything stating Alexander turned down Maidana could of missed it, and Broner getting a shot is because he needs a good opponent to get him inline for ppv fight and more exposure and every good fighter from 140 are all lined up for fights and none will be available soon or by June and in 135 no one has a bigger name then paulie so it kinda does make sense from a business point of view and for fans too for Broner vs Paulie.

Comment

how is that lame??in Martinez's 3rd division since he won the title he has not fought the 2nd or 3rd best middleweight.....Chavez was #4
                  I agree that he needs to fight the top guys but your argument of him going up 175 is lame. Who cares how many different weight classes a fighter goes up especially when it's for lame trinkets like PAC and Floyd fight for only to have the likes of you defending them to the bone. Keep it real Larry.

Comment

Paul Malignaggi is the WBA Welterweight (147 lbs) Champion yet he fighting smaller guys?

Pablo Cesar Cano (140lbs)
                    Humberto Soto (135lbs)
                    Adrien Broner (135LBS)

Blame HBO, Showtime and the Boxing Sanction Bodies

Comment

I never thought he was on PED'S until he and his team made 1000 excuses to avoid blood and urine testing..when Floyd sr was saying he was on that **** it was just funny to me
                      I never thought Floyd was on PED because of his crusade about cleaning the sport not untill the rumors came out from PED testing community Floyd had failed the PED tests 3 times on 3 occasions.

Actually I didn't believe about the rumors not until the GBP and USADA denied the request to reveal the exact details of the rumored failed 3 tests. Settling the Pacquaio's case (they paid Pacquaio for the damages they caused) right after the leaked rumors, Floyd and GBP kneeled to Pacquaio admitted he is a great clean fighter, GBP fighters tested positive on PED but covered up only to be exposed later. Only the dumbs will think these were just a mere coincidence.
                      Last edited by straightleft; 03-08-2013, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X