No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pineapple Express"

Funny movie based on a pot smoker and his accidental run in with a murderer who happens to be where his dealer gets his weed from. This has some good humor and some outrageously exagerated gun fights. Thought is was good but not great did give me some laughs though.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
      man i disagree with you on Evil Dead, i watched both 1 & 2 yesterday and today and let's just say i didn't jump out of my seat. It was shocking and disturbing and i'll leave it at that. If it scared me maybe I would have a different opinion.

Anyway, I'll give you props for recommending Martyrs, a movie I never knew existed till you mentioned it; and I will say honestly it is one of the best films I've watched. My God. I have never seen anything like it, there was nothing in it as compared to hollywood films that make a film like this over the top to the point of ridiculous. The one word that comes to mind from the get go to the end is brutal. I recommend you guys check it out. If you want to know what you've been missing, check out this master-made film. 10/10.
      I think i like Evil Dead not because it is scary, but its a low budget eerie, weird, over the top film. There are so many horrors that are dull and boring, but the 1st Evil Dead nails it IMO.

Glad u liked Martyrs.
      My bro is a horror freak who told me about it.

Love the way it all makes sense at the end, but ur left thinking about it.
      I agree its a 10, it has everything from gore, guns, mutilation, and sexy girls, plus has a few twists and turns i didnt see coming.

Very original i thought.

'Inside' is also good.

Comment

• The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Murder, mystery, detective, swedish film with good acting and a few scenes of quite extreme violence.
        Its the 1st part of a trilogy, but this film is complete in itself.

A disturbed lesbian computer hacker with issues teams up with a journalist to track down a girl who went missing 40 years ago.

Good film, very enjoyable, but not as great as i had heard it was meant to be.

7.6/10.

Comment

• What version of Martyrs did you guys watch?, the dubbed version in English or the French version with English subs?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickey Maguire View Post
            What version of Martyrs did you guys watch?, the dubbed version in English or the French version with English subs?.
            Mine was with subs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickey Maguire View Post
              What version of Martyrs did you guys watch?, the dubbed version in English or the French version with English subs?.
              french eng subs, trust you won't even notice

Comment

"Martyrs is being ranked as one of the scariest movies ever made by virtually everyone who sees it.Martyrs is definitely not for everyone. The movie is disturbing to be sure. For those that like to have their notions about the world challenged, this is a film that accomplishes just that. However, the world you are introduced to is one that you are not sure you are better off knowing or not

just so you know its probably better if you watch it alone 1st, it might be too much for her to take

link was spoiler i removed it

the blockbuster we went to was all sold out

we did get some movie called Repo-Men with Jude Law and Forrest Whitaker...man that **** was gruesome

basically, they repo bodyparts...man, some scenes were just too much

6/10

Comment

• Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                  the blockbuster we went to was all sold out

we did get some movie called Repo-Men with Jude Law and Forrest Whitaker...man that **** was gruesome

basically, they repo bodyparts...man, some scenes were just too much

6/10
                  god damnit...download man

Comment

god damnit...download man

no worries, i'll rent it this week

a '10' movie deserves better than laptop viewing and no surround sound

Comment

• "Superman Doomsday"

Just finished watching this it's an animated superhero movie based partly off the book Superman Doomsday and Beyond. The movie was pretty good although if you read comic books you know regardless of how you kill Doomsday he is then reborn and you cannot kill him the same way. In the book there were multiple Supermen the dark suit superman, the cyborg superman, super boy and superman clone this movie only showed Dark Superman, and Superman clone and Doomsday was killed and didnt return like in the book.

Rocco Rating 6.5 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                      X