Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Starts Slow, Stops Gerald Washington in Five

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    Joshua punches straight,fast and with power and has timing.....those alone are enough to finsih of wilder inside 4 rounds and wilder will not know what day of the week it is.....wilder has no guard, has no jab , and gets caught square on and his balance is shocking
    Wilder has no jab? Besides last night, have you ever watched him fight?

Comment

• Washington had his moments. Nice jab and some decent work to the body but the way he carries his left hand low combined with Wilder's ko power in his right hand made for a predictable ending.
      Commentary was good but no need for four guys. Campell, Hunter and Mares was more than enough.

Comment

• Wilder is far from the best boxer amongst the elite heavies but he hits the hardest and that alone will make him the hardest to beat. AJ, Klit, Ortiz will all outbox Wilder but Wilder will likely eventually land and that shot could be the game changer. HW boxing is a 1 punch competition for the most part, especially when you have these 6'4"+ giants in the ring and Wilder has the power to stop any grown man. His 98% ko percentage proves that. Especially considering the only man he didn't ko, he broke his hand against.

Comment

• Originally posted by koolbreez12 View Post
          Wilder has no jab? Besides last night, have you ever watched him fight?
          Huh lol....stiverne,duphas,spilka,molina,arreola or washington..take your pick. now when i say no jab i mean a weak ass jab and a fighter who actually seems to be regressing instead of progressing ...so yes on his performance last night he was getting outjabbed by a novice and his jab was non existent...don't compete with me newbie your lose....wilder's skillset is appalling

Comment

• Wilder actually outlanded Washington in this fight.

Comment

• Tyson struggled with tall fighters that held him on the inside. Wilder could pot shot him from the outside. If Tony Tucker and Bonecrusher Smith could go the distance with Tyson why couldn't Wilder? That said I doubt he could beat prime Mike Tyson.

Post prison Mike Tyson could lose to just about anybody as he was more feared than good, that Mike Tyson could lose to Wilder.

Comment

• Waking up for work tomorrow morning bout to have me like

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                  something just seemed off with wilder last night like his head just wasnt in the game. could just be the long lay off and comin back from brutal injuries tho. washington was actually impressive lets just hope wilder can secure a big fight. i got a feeling we may end up getting fury wilder

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    He has taken some good shots in all his fights & still hasn't been down other than the flash KD against Sconiers early in his career. His chin has held up so far. Stiverne can crack & he held up fine. We will se when he gets in the ring with the guys you named...
                    Stiverne never landed a meaning punch in that fight as far as I remember.

Stiverne was too flat footed and small, couldn't get in position.

My complete point is what will happen to DW when he get in the ring with a puncher who can box him, Stiverne couldn't, Arreola couldn't too.

Washington had a good reach and some boxing skills but didn't have power 60% of KOs being a small ratio for a HW.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Defeating Washington would have no meaning to how Joshua does against Wilder . It was obviously a struggle before the knock out which was prematurely stopped win or lose . I already stated this fight if fought smart could be won by Washington ,it was not a mismatch and Washington isnt any where near Joshua .
                      No one compared Washington to joshua so not sure what you're getting at there. I simply described what I saw in the fight and laughed at people who are so convinced that wilder gets destroyed by joshua.

If you've seen any of my other comments you would know that I like Anthony Joshua and think it's a 50/50 fight if he were to ever fight wilder. I don't sit here and proclaim beyond a shadow of a doubt that one would kill the other(like some people on here believe).

With that being said, Washington didn't win the fight he got knocked out and the ref was merciful in stopping it before Washington took even more damage. And wilder and Joshua still won't fight for another yr-2yrs.

Comment

Working...
                      X