Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Texans has Watt out due to injury and we're still no1 in defense

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      Are you saying the best defense is only 1 player injury away from sucking.. the faq is that BS.
      They have lots of good players on that defense, but Thomas is the leader and he gives it an identity

Comment

ИATAS isn't going to like this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
          Are you saying the best defense is only 1 player injury away from sucking.. the faq is that BS.
          You take away a pro bowl player, potential future hall of famer and the most important part of the LOB, absolutely it's going to have a massive impact. We saw similar thing when the Bears went to the Superbowl against the Colts and Peyton Manning, what happened? Safety Mike Brown got injured several weeks before and that defense was built like the Seahawks in that their secondary was awesome, great linebackers against the pass, and they really didn't Blitz or pass rush much but Mike Brown the heart and soul of that defense out the game? Peyton Manning carved them up. Mike Brown, like Earl, was all over the field, he was a play maker and absolutely key in helping out the corners. Similar stats if you compare the Seahawks this year without Earl Thomas compared to the Bears that year without Mike Brown - you saw the defense give up a lot more yards through the air as well as rushing since both we're actually good at stopping the run too and cleaning up any messes over the middle.

People do not understand how damn important Safety is with defenses DESIGNED to stop the pass. It is critical.

Now Earl Thomas was not the only problem with the Seahawks this year. They were plagued with injuries throughout the year. First Russell Wilson played with three different injuries all year long and really didn't start to get right until the Lions game that's when he took off the knee brace. That obviously affected the passing game. Next and even more importantly they had absolutely no running game. First they had severe injury to Thomas Rawls who missed most of the of the year. The running back backup to Rawls Prosise also got injured and only played a couple games and was not avail for ATL.

Shead, starting CB opposite of Sherman, got hurt early in the game against ATL. So two of the starting LOB were out again Matt Ryan.

On top of that Kam Chancellor missed 4-5 games which messed with consistency as did Bennett 4-5 games as well and Lockett suffered season-ending injury. So the team had absolutely no consistency this year they had a couple of good games throughout the year notably against the Patriots when they beat the Patriots on the road note Earl Thomas did play that game. And they beat Atlanta in a close game earlier this year. Richard Sherman was playing injured as well and it looks like the Seahawks may get docked a draft pick since apparently Pete Carroll and the Seahawks didn't really disclose that information which is against league rules.

And finally their biggest problem was that their offensive line was a complete mess this year it was 32nd out of 32 teams in the NFL which is horrible obviously. They couldn't pass rush, they couldn't pass block, they couldn't do anything. They had a starting Left Tackle who hadn't played offensive line since Junior High school. Their right tackle was a complete bum and their guards were rookies who sucked horribly. They had one good player, their cwnter in Britt, who was considered one of their worst players last season.

So they had a lot of problems they had no identity with no running game on offense and defense was missing key players it was no surprise to me that they lost to Atlanta my only question going into the game was how bad they would lose.

With that said I feel very good about next season more so than I did earlier this year because the problems that they have are all fixable. They just need to beef up the offense of line. And they need to add some depth of the secondary especially now that Shead has hurt for 8 months . So they have to add a CB, add little more depth in the secondary and hopefully pick up someone on the d-line but most importantly they need to get the running game going again they have not had a good running game at all this season bit with Rawls and Prosise being health next year they can be right back in the mix. They are going to be fine. 5 years in a row they've made the playoffs. Five years in a row they've won a playoff game. Add two Superbowl appearances with one trophy and you got yourself a very successful team.

Comment

Working...
          X