Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man cuts 95 pounds in 5 months on keto - BEFORE and AFTER. Natty or Nah?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
    He claims to have lost 21 pounds in the first 31 days meaning he lost 2/3 a pound everyday and no where does he say he counted calories. I know he had a lot of fat and water weight to lose but:

- Week by week he was losing on average 4.7 pounds (21 pounds / 31 days) * 7 days)
    - To lose 4.7 pounds in a week you have to eat at a TDEE - 2370 (3500 calorie to a pound * 4.7 lb lost per week) / 7 days in a week)

Jeremiah was 39 years old and weighed 290 lb when he started. He led a sedentary life style and because I can't find his height I'm going to arbitrarily say he's 6 foot. Plug those stats into a TDEE calculator (I'm being generous and say he falls into the 'light exercise' category instead of 'sedentary') and his daily caloric intake is 3120 calories. So in order to lose 2/3 pounds a day Jeremiah has to eat his TDEE total of 750 calories a day which is impossible considering he claims to be a carnivore and ate all sorts of meat, chicken, elk, salmon, turkey, etc. I know the numbers are finicky because we don't have exact measurements but those numbers should be close to the truth and still even if we graced Jeremiah with an extra 500 calorie bank he'd have to eat at 1200-1300 calorie limit per day. I'm not taking his exercise and weight lifting into account because by his own admission he eased into weight lifting slowly. Even if we changed Jeremiah to Athlete in the TDEE calculator, still in order to lose 2/3 pounds a day he'd have to eat 2000~ calories a day which would be manageable but I think unlikely. Based on my armchair calculations I conclude:

- Jeremiah is lying about his numbers intentionally (to make himself look better)
    - Jeremiah is lying about his numbers unintentionally (because he did his numbers wrong)
    - Jeremiah is purposefully omitting a process he took to lose weight (he's on the gear)
    - Jeremiah is telling the truth (least likely)

In his own words Jeremiah says "If I felt hungry, I ate. I didn't feel restricted at all." so we know he didn't count calories. With that I feel like the least likely conclusion is Jeremiah telling the truth and its a toss up between the other 3.

god dammit I hate keto.
    You kind of said it but vaguely.

If his metabolic rate is 2,700 for maintenance, if he exercises 600 Cals per day, and cuts out 1,000 Cals per day from his diet... that is near enough removing half a pound per day of mostly fat.

1,700 Cals on keto is a huge amount of food tbh.

Comment

Comment

I started at 220 and went down to 167 in less than 2 months...

I was into xenadrine with ephedrine, i followed the atkins diet and i got the runner's high. Calorie intake was really low

Comment

Originally posted by bngsdad View Post
          I started at 220 and went down to 167 in less than 2 months...

I was into xenadrine with ephedrine, i followed the atkins diet and i got the runner's high. Calorie intake was really low
          Wow, 2 months?

Comment

On average your body can only lose about 3 pounds of fat in a week max, after that you are losing muscle and water. That would be 60 pounds of fat in five months. So how did he cut the other 35 pounds while gaining muscle weight? Where is the loose skin around his waistline? Something about his story doesn’t add up.

Comment

I believe the transformation. But there is a number 1 missing before the 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Svetgar View Post
                I believe the transformation. But there is a number 1 missing before the 5.
                15 months you figure?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  15 months you figure?
                  I'm no expert by any stretch but there's no way he did that in 5 months. I've been doing keto since 2017 so I know a bit about it. You just don't lose that much that quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Svetgar View Post
                    I'm no expert by any stretch but there's no way he did that in 5 months. I've been doing keto since 2017 so I know a bit about it. You just don't lose that much that quickly.
                    Maybe he's taking some of the Canelo tacos.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      Wow, 2 months?
                      Yeah, its hard to believe... My main focus was losing weight, I did not follow any muscle gaining program. I just got addicted to running with the ephedrine giving me energy not calories

Comment

Working...
                      X