Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long should a LAPTOP last you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 years tops. The battery will be ****ed by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
      I say this because my laptop is starting to break on me, it’s slow AF, and now it’s lost it’s brightness, I can barely make out what’s on the screen and the brightness button isn’t working so it’s screwed me.

How long should a laptop last you?

Also which laptop makes are the best. HP?
      You tried reinstalling windows?

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
        Here's the answer:

1. Apple laptop: can last you up to ten years.
        2. Windows laptop: 5 years, maybe 6 years tops if you haven't gotten it infected with malware.

Invest in a macbook. There's a reason academics use apple products. Those guys don't have time for problems. They're busy learning to teach the next generation.
        Apple use the same damn components other manufacturers do. Stop your nonsense. If you're stupid enough to get infected with malware, reinstall windows and it's fixed. Amazing that isn't it.

Comment

I've had an acer for not quite 2 years and the HDD has gone twice and the battery last 30 mins now. Todays laptops are rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
            I've had an acer for not quite 2 years and the HDD has gone twice and the battery last 30 mins now. Todays laptops are rubbish
            Don't use a HDD, use an SSD instead.

Re batteries, a lot of people just don't look after them properly.

A battery in a laptop or a phone should be power-cycled from the start. That means, fully charge it, then use it until it completely drains, then fully charge it, then repeat.

Never leave a battery plugged in that's at 100%, that damages it & causes it's lifespan to decrease.

Comment

Depends how you treat or use it much like a car.

Comment

It depends on what your buying, how much you plan to spend and how you treat your stuff. I've had several laptops last at least 10 years. I've got a first edition quad core laptop that I still use today.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Apple use the same damn components other manufacturers do. Stop your nonsense. If you're stupid enough to get infected with malware, reinstall windows and it's fixed. Amazing that isn't it.
                  You almost sound like what a windows/android fanboy would say. Apple isn’t about the components, it’s about the software/OS. Apple’s OS is just more efficient than Windows. Reinstalling windows is fine.. if you’re not a busy person.

Comment

I have a Macbook since 2010. Great investment. Even when it is not working properly you can get a drive and a battery for a reasonable price and you can do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
                      You almost sound like what a windows/android fanboy would say. Apple isn’t about the components, it’s about the software/OS. Apple’s OS is just more efficient than Windows. Reinstalling windows is fine.. if you’re not a busy person.
                      He said an apple laptop would last twice as long. They use the same components, so he is talking BS. You understand now?

Comment

Working...
                      X