Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobody mention Chocolatito's trunks level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Yes he did. In the second round he was crying about a borderline low blow already looking for help from the ref
    Because it was a lowblow and the ref actually gave Ward a warning. It was all for ahow because after this he totally ignored shots that landed at the same level or lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Oh I fully agree that trunks had nothing to do with his loss, Choco got smashed by shots to the face.

It's just that every fight it seems that the "belt line" is set to different levels.

like i said, it's supposed to be the navel. but most boxing protectors will go over your navel. some guys have lower navels than other's, too. so the ref is supposed to make call about where he thinks the navel is while the fighters are in the ring, and use that as a point to determine whats a low blow.

highest trunk-wearer i can remember is oscar de la hoya. the protector used to be high, and he'd pull his trunks over the protector completely so it looked like his belt line was just below his nipples.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        like i said, it's supposed to be the navel. but most boxing protectors will go over your navel. some guys have lower navels than other's, too. so the ref is supposed to make call about where he thinks the navel is while the fighters are in the ring, and use that as a point to determine whats a low blow.

highest trunk-wearer i can remember is oscar de la hoya. the protector used to be high, and he'd pull his trunks over the protector completely so it looked like his belt line was just below his nipples.
        Thanks, so by Boxing rules, the imaginary beltline at the navel level is technically the border between good and low shots?

Comment

Thanks, so by Boxing rules, the imaginary beltline at the navel level is technically the border between good and low shots?

by boxing rules blows below the navel are considered low. the navel is almost always covered, so essentially the ref guesses where it is, makes a note of it, and should call anything below the navel low.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Strange thread. People should be mentioning that Rungvisai always seems to be wearing the same trunks.
            caught that a few days ago lol.

dude aint ballin like that yet. i bet its the same trucks too and he just washed it after each fights.

Comment

Because it was a lowblow and the ref actually gave Ward a warning. It was all for ahow because after this he totally ignored shots that landed at the same level or lower.
              I'm talking about Gonzalez

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                I'm talking about Gonzalez
                Oh ok I misunderstood.

Comment

He got his ass kicked..what did his trunks even matter?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    He got his ass kicked..what did his trunks even matter?
                    Well he came in with trunks so high, yet crickets.
                    Kovalev came in with his trunks half an inch over the navel and Roy Jones couldn't keep his mouth shut. So what's the standard for beltline level?

Comment

the ref said where ward was punching was legal b4 the fight not sure what the issue is

Comment

Working...
                      X